What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple Nepenthes snapshots

That truncata is amazing! How long have you had it?

Thanks Mike! You know I had to go back and double check my picture time stamps but it looks like I've had it a little over 3 years now. Here it is when I first received it back in '09.

IMG_2049.JPG
IMG_1766.JPG

N. truncata x (spectabilis x northiana), not at all the shape I was expecting.

IMG_1552.JPG

It's the shape I'm expecting though ??? why not for you?

It's the shape I'm expecting though ??? why not for you?

I was expecting more of a truncata influence and less ovata based on the cross. Perhaps future pitchers will reveal different forms.

Nothing special, just another update on the same usual material. Will update and add some variety to the thread when the other material starts opening.

N. lowii x truncata:
IMG_1578.JPG

N. truncata x veitchii (really loving this one)
IMG_1575.JPG

N. truncata x ovata pitcher that just keeps inflating and making me impatient!
IMG_1579.JPG

N. truncata leaf. I thought they had reached their maximum size but the leaves just keep getting bigger!
IMG_1580.JPG

N. lowii x campanulata:
IMG_1576.JPG

Wow that truncata leaf is very impressive! Good growing.

AMAZING plants! I especially love the lowii*campanulata... Really need to get me a lowland form truncata one of these days. I've decided I like their look better than the pasian form, overall. As you are finding out, they can become monster sized plants!

N. Lowii x campantulata... Gorgeous! Best pitcher ever.

WOW!That truncata leaf is ridiculous.
Is that a grow tent you're using?

Thank you all for the kind words. Richjam, "monster" doesn't even begin to describe it! Hopefully the pitcher will follow suit.
Mass, yes its a growtent I invested in a little while back. Easier to maintain control of the temps and RH.

I was thinking it would be. Been debating on picking one up myself.

Holy truncata Yann!! Wow!! The truncata x veitchii and truncata x ovata. Wow

Back