What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple Nepenthes snapshots

Wow Yann!!! Awesome lowii x camp! I'm so glad I found one! Awesome!
Thanks for sharing what I look forward to.

Hahaha that looks like one of those internet memes where I'm expecting one more picture - the whole pitcher covered in that goop :p
That is truly raunchy. You need some tree shrews to clean that stuff up!
stunning great cross,might sound silly but is that a lower

Wow Yann!!! Awesome lowii x camp! I'm so glad I found one! Awesome!
Thanks for sharing what I look forward to.

@Thez: I'm sure I could find another shot to take Zu but my photography abilities stop at that magnification LOL
@Dex: Have any I can borrow? I'll mail back promise!:-))
@Corky: No that is not a lower but I don't know that I would call that a full upper either. Maybe more of an intermediate? It shows the smaller pitcher base and wider peristome like lowii uppers do. There's a pitcher forming now that looks like it will be a true upper, I'll update as it opens.
@JB: Thanks! You won't be disappointed with this cross! I've yet to see a picture thread with someone that didn't love this cross!

A couple more :)

A promising cross, N. lowii x veitchii
IMG_1425.JPG

Newly opened N. lowii x truncata (wp)
IMG_1421.JPG

Colored up a bit:
IMG_1424.JPG

Newly opened N. truncata x ovata
IMG_1426.JPG

And finally a true upper from N. lowii x campanulata!
IMG_1429.JPG

N. truncata x veitchii. This one appears to be the ugly duckling compared to some of it's siblings I've seen:
IMG_1430.JPG

I can't do an update without the BIG DADDY lol. N.truncata with death cube for size reference.
IMG_1427.JPG

IMG_1428.JPG

More variety to come soon I promise as other pitchers start to open!

WOW! I love your truncata and truncata x ovata

Thanks Mike!

I've really grown attached to the N. truncata over the years. Hopefully the truncata x ovata will be the same :)

Good to see you out and about Yann. :) I've been pretty subdued here lately as well. Plants are looking good! Hope all is well!

Good to see you as well old friend! I had been wondering how you were doing. Sent you a mail some months back I think, glad to see you're up to the same old ;)

Nice pics!! I gotta say, the lowii X truncata and lowii X veitchi look very very similar... must be due to the dominance of lowii in its hybrids.

That is a huge truncata. Got to get me one of those, have it eat the annoying kids down the street :-O

Yann, everything is looking great! I love the truncata x ovata; have to add it to my want list...

Thanks for sharing!!

Nice pics!! I gotta say, the lowii X truncata and lowii X veitchi look very very similar... must be due to the dominance of lowii in its hybrids.

Thanks, keep in my mind these are still very young plants so any traits setting them apart are not completely displayed yet. However surely the linked parentage likely has something to do with it as well.

That is a huge truncata. Got to get me one of those, have it eat the annoying kids down the street :-O

Just waiting for the in-laws chihuahua to find his way in there :-D

Yann, everything is looking great! I love the truncata x ovata; have to add it to my want list...

Thanks for sharing!!

I'll put you down for the first cutting my friend :) These pictures are nothing in comparison to yours!

Love that truncata x ovata peristome!

Thanks Zu! It tends to fold back quite a bit over time but I just couldn't resist the color and timing and had to snap a shot.

beautiful plants!!! that lowii x campanulata!! I can't wait to see the upper pitcher* how old is your Lowii x campanulata? is it a fast grower?

beautiful plants!!! that lowii x campanulata!! I can't wait to see the upper pitcher* how old is your Lowii x campanulata? is it a fast grower?

IIRC I believe I have had this plant around 2 years now. It's always been a steady grower for me in intermediate/lowland conditions. I believe a lot of people have had great success with this hybrid so it seems to be fairly hardy.

The first upper has opened. Not the largest of pitchers but still appealing IMO. The basals seem to have taken taken their toll on the main growth point.

IMG_1487.JPG
IMG_1488.JPG

IMG_1489.JPG

Beautiful red color!

Awesome lowii x camp you got there! :) Are you sure it's an upper though? I though tendril attachment is in the back of the pitcher on uppers.

Awesome lowii x camp you got there! :) Are you sure it's an upper though? I though tendril attachment is in the back of the pitcher on uppers.

Thanks Brokken. Is that true for all pitchers? I generally thought it was based on morphology as attachment can really be any where (front, back sides) as not all uppers vine. The plant is leaning to one side if that makes any difference.

Still can't get over the truncata x ovata. Mine is growing like a weed now. About to reach the 8" mark..

What kind of truncata is that?

Back