What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple Nepenthes snapshots

Still can't get over the truncata x ovata. Mine is growing like a weed now. About to reach the 8" mark..

What kind of truncata is that?

Thanks I've found this cross to be very rewarding as well. A little finicky like it's father however but not to the same extent thankfully. I will post a picture of the newest pitcher when it pops here in the couple days.

I don't have any documentation of the truncata as I received it 2nd hand some years ago but I highly suspect it to be one of BEs lowland TC clones.

Last edited:
gotta love how BE clones never disappoint.

A little bit more flare than the previous pitchers

IMG_1492.JPG
IMG_1493.JPG

Oooooohhh thats pretty. Would love to find one of them one day!!

My lowii x camp is growing steady as a highlander. I wonder if it would like LL conditions better.

that is beautiful , could you please do one more shot of this pitcher in a few weeks , as it matures , i do definately want one of these too now,
your killing me yann. there's just now way to keep a small collection of these very cool plants

Thanks guys!

I'd be happy to do an update for you Jimmy :) I've seen your Neps, I would be drooling over what yours would look like!!

Josh: I have successfully grown this plant as a lowlander and intermediate-'er' lol I didn't really notice a different in terms of growth or pitcher production. That being said though much comes into play in addition to temperatures but it's pretty bullet proof IMO. Beautiful and easy to grow, can't go wrong!

Very Beautiful, Yann!! Just keeps getting better...

Thanks for sharing!

Those ovata hybrids are always beautiful. I second that request for update photos in the weeks ahead!

Thank you Keith and Paul. I'm very humbled to hear such kind comments from talented growers such as yourselves.
The trunc x ovata pitchers are ones which I really admire mainly for their transgressions from new to mature pitchers. The coloration deepens to a deep burgundy red overtime from out to in on the peristome and is really accentuated by the green/yellow edges. As a bonus the coloration change takes place prior to the peristome folding back while makes the vivid colors very pleasing to the eye IMO.

Here's an early update from today. The 2nd picture (one on the right) is a re-post from above for comparison.
IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1501.JPG

It get's me everytime.. :drool:
Mine is growing like a weed.

Your truncata x ovata is stunning. I'd say it's one of the best looking neps.

Thank you for the kind words mass and nightsky.

I was watering the plants tonight and found the N. lowii x campanulata mutilating itself:

IMG_1509.JPG
IMG_1505.JPG

IMG_1506.JPG
IMG_1508.JPG

another great nep, i kinda like the coloring better before they go completely black/purple:0o:, it looks like you also got a very dark pitchering lowiixcamp. mine gets quite dark too.
it is one of my favorite top three neps. and grows well for me and also keeps several nice pitchers all the time.
by the way that looks like a monster pitcher how big is the opening, can you get another shot with that ruler across the mouth.
nice growin yann!!!:hail:

it is one of my favorite top three neps

I couldn't agree more Jimmy. The ease with which this plant grows and the beauty of the pitchers put this plant in my favorite 3 as well. I'll try to snap some shots of the mouth for you later today but I would say the mouth diameter are around 2 1/2 - 3 inches on the larger pitchers. The biggest one I have seen were of EPs plants. Just stunning.

Nice coloration!! Yeah, that happens to my plants sometimes when the tendril gets in the way and breaks the peristome. No mutation, just a little fault intermediate pitchers tend to make at times LOL.

Wow, nice job Yann. Pretty large pitchers in addition to great colors. :)

Thank you Lance and Brokken

Here are two that were photogenic this morning.

N. truncata finally recovered from flowering:

IMG_1522.JPG
IMG_1524.JPG

IMG_1525.JPG

Sure to be a great hybrid (N. lowii x veitchii):
IMG_1520.JPG

Back