Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: N. attenboroughii for sale?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL I'm just holding up my end of a plant reservation by making the purchase. I don't reserve something then change my mind about it later, except in this instance where I already have the plant in question by the time my turn came up. I actually got two seed grown specimens for a few dollars more than the price I paid for this single TC one. But anyway I honored my obligations, I just will not keep the plant since I already have two. I've no need to be a hoarder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well pm me swords...ill take it

Previously known as: NY Plant Nerd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    It all depends on whether it's one of those must haves for you or not. It's not a plant I really would desire at any price, it just doesn't thrill me. Most of the newer species, especially the Philippine discoveries I just can't seem to get excited about for some reason. N. pittopangii and the latest "true" N. thorelii is the only new discoveries I'm really waiting on acquiring and neither of these would I want to pay more than $50 for.
    Wow really... thorelii beats out attenboroughii, palawanensis, or leonardoi! I guess everyone has their own taste. . .
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will go down in price eventually.

I really have no interest in it either. The only one I would be willing to pay over $200 for is and eddie. And that would only be if I could grow them.
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peatmoss View Post
    It will go down in price eventually.
    lets take a look at hamata....

with the exception of hamata, price USUALLY goes down. i remember when jaq, jamban, glabrata, inermis, rajah were all triple or more of the prices they are now. hamata isnt going down anytime soon...still... N. attenboroughii is going to be just like hamata from my predictions.

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glider14 View Post
    lets take a look at hamata....

with the exception of hamata, price USUALLY goes down. i remember when jaq, jamban, glabrata, inermis, rajah were all triple or more of the prices they are now. hamata isnt going down anytime soon...still... N. attenboroughii is going to be just like hamata from my predictions.

Alex
    Yeah I am hesitant to believe it will decrease all that much in the case of this species...

Endangered, endemic to one mountain, huge bizarre plant, probably a very long time until it ever flowers... It will certainly be years before we ever see seed-grown plants again if at all.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually think the price on this one will drop relatively quickly. This is only the first round of seed grown plants, once they get the cultures going and get more available for sale, the price will plummet. N. attenboroughii while a very nice looking plant just doesn't have the attributes that make plants like hamata or edwardsiana so desirable. The first N. jamban I saw for sale was over $300.00, a year later they were under $200.00.......I bought mine last year for $60.00.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu138 View Post
    I actually think the price on this one will drop relatively quickly. This is only the first round of seed grown plants, once they get the cultures going and get more available for sale, the price will plummet.
    The price will plummet for the plant in general but I seriously doubt there will ever be any more rounds of seed-grown individuals in the relatively near future. Also, who says this plant will do well in TC? Some just don't take like others...

N. attenboroughii while a very nice looking plant just doesn't have the attributes that make plants like hamata or edwardsiana so desirable.
    On the contrary hamata and edwardsiana do not have the attributes that make attenboroughii so desirable either.

The first N. jamban I saw for sale was over $300.00, a year later they were under $200.00.......I bought mine last year for $60.00.
    And who's to say that N. attenboroughii could ever possibly be as weedy as N. jamban?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast