What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my quick´n dirty basement setup

beautiful plants! <3 the hamata!

Hi
had the time to take some pics and want to show them to you

Heliamphora grown under LED

N. attenboroughii from TC. Each pot is from a different peak

N. edwardsiana AW is growing very fast

N. jamban from seed

N. adnata x muluensis

N. burbidgeae x fusca from Mammut copper mines

Wow! Amazing plants! It will be interesting to see if there is a lot of difference between the attenboroughii seedlings.

nice plants! :D you sure have some rare/sought after species. Best of luck, not that they seem to need it

That's some spectacular moss!

Oh, yeah, nice vascular plants too, hahaha

wow amazing edwardsania:love: and jambans also attenbouroghii thats so cool did you tc it or are they from some cool nursery there amazing

Last edited:
Can't believe this hasn't been asked yet. But.. can we get some specs?
What kind of lighting, humidity, day/night temps are you getting?

Your Plants (ie. Villosa/Eddy/Ham) seem to love it down there!
I have a few basement garden areas, and you can't beat the temps available there for certain plants.
You seem to be doing great, greenhouse or not, you have adjusted well!
Congrats!
:water:

I love the setup! What I wouldn't do for some U. humboldtii...Just not right now though :/

thanks for the comments.
Mass, i have no idea what the temperates and humidity is. i never check it and i dont have equipment for this. If i would check it i would be worried, i stopped doing this in my time in sweden because i had it always very cold there.

In the first setup i have one 400w HPS lamp and the second setup have a 90w LED. this thing work awesome and i want to change the hps out for more led soon.

no stressing over temps and humidity with perfect conditions as a result. Now here's a guy that has it all figured out.. I envy you. And your plants. :hail:

Can I ask what media you grow your quelchii in? Looks just like a peat/perlite mix??

Hi Brie
i grow quelchii in a couple different medias and this species is not very hard to grow.
On the pictures you see quelchii growing in peat/perlite/foam mix...

cheers
Jens

WOW, your pictures are amazing!

You have a collection most people would die for. You chamber is great and I'm glad it is working for you. I think I am going to change my mind about a greenhouse and go with a chamber. Hopefully I will have similar results.
Thanks for sharing. The best growing is worry free growing. You have mastered this on so many different levels.

Hi
I had some spare time to take some pics today. Its not the best quality but better as nothing.
I wish i would have more motivation to take some pics of my bigger plants too but i dont have a good place to take pictures of them and outside the basement it is to cold right now...

N. edwardiana couple

N. edwardsiana AW

N. edwardsiana SG

N. hamata AW

N. macrophylla Carow

N. truncata QoH x KoS (20-25cm Pitcher)

My LED grow ;P

VFT Patches

now there is some LED growing, how long have they been under that light? You actually think its works that good?

This calls for the prostrate emoticon: :hail:

Thanks guys
I grow the plants since march with LED and it work very very good. I also changed all lights in the labs to LED and the plants really love it...

Back