What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my quick´n dirty basement setup

Hi all
Thought about to show my basement setup for you.
Build this quick´n dirty setup last year and the plants seem to like it.
Not easy to loose a greenhouse with plants and start from scratch in a basement.
Anyway hope you like the pics

U. quelchii

N. vogelii

2 N. ... hm forgot the name :p

Very Nice!...nothing dirty about that setup. ;)

That's a very tidy setup! It Looks great!

Look real good. I love your LFSM!!!!

thanks guys

my hairy hamata start grow again after 1year break :p

Beautiful! I love that U. quelchii and of course those Nepenthes...

Nice little jungle you got set up there. Can't wait to see that hamata pitcher.

you call that dirty, but everything looks so immaculate it's ridiculous! great job!

Definitely a fan of the basement setups. They are very versatile when it comes to growing different CP's

Your N vogeli is so photogenic as well :) Great plant show!

yes you are right, but you also have much energy costs. i already think about to build a second chamber because i running out of space :p

Amazing set up! does the humidity have any negative affects on the basement such as damp/mould or is it fully contained in the plastic?

Hi
well i had some trouble with the plants in beginning. i just had the table inside the room and the plants didnt grew for 1 year. after this time i thought about that the problem might be the bad air inside the basement because it is very humid there and there is maybe mold too.. then i wraped the table in the plastic and since this the plants start to recover and grow again.
right now i just have a fan blowing inside the chamber who blow the old air out. under the table i have a heating element that keep the room at 20C and dry the air. so i´m sure that not much humidity come out of the chamber...

i miss my basement in the old apt i lived in it helped keep everything cool, lights heated it up then when they were off gave a perfect night time drop in temps. oh and by the way thats far from messy

That place is squeaky clean! Wish I had a basement..

thanks guys
here some more shots.
Strange hybrid among my izumiae seedlings

some villosa seedlings

Some tropical rhododendron cuttings. from sumatra, trusmadi and a hybrid

hamata x platychilla

i gave it a try and placed a cutting from my U. campbelliana on Xaxim (tree fern), seem to grow fine now and the cutting spread roots everywhere

even U. quelchii like tree fern pot

another rhododendron with a dubia upper in front of it

Love them all man!!! A cute hamata x platychilla. It will be bigger or small like that?

Hi all
here some new pics

N. villosa seedlings

N. edwardsiana AW

a eddy seedling

N. hamata hairy

some highland rhododendron

U. humboldtii

great update!!! where did you get those highland rhodies? I like the look of them in with ur CPs alot :)

and your lil seedlings are awesome. I am so jealous of your villosa seedlings!!! they look real healthy

Thanks, well i collected the rhododendrons from friends here. I have many more in my collection and they are awesome.
But cuttings are a pain and take ages to get roots.

Wait..... Whoaaaa :0o:

Back