What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roots Growing from Dormant Node?

Nepenthesis

Formerly known as Pineapple
rsg5lz.jpg

Noticed these today. This is like 10 or more leaves back on a place that has been wooded over since I got it four months ago. They feel like roots. This is an N. ventricosa x talangensis... If that matters... ???

What causes this and what will happen? Am I gonna get another plant?

Aren't nepenthes roots black?

Aren't nepenthes roots black?

I have no clue... Never seen them. But these just popped out of the vine, so I'm curious what they are. I was assuming roots...

Don't know if it's just me but I don't see any roots in there...
Seems those are just fibers from the dry "wood"of the stem.

Don't know if it's just me but I don't see any roots in there...
Seems those are just fibers from the dry "wood"of the stem.

I'm pretty sure they just popped out... And they don't feel like wood at all. They're flimsy and whiter than the wood.

Nepenthes vines are extremeley fiberous. I would think that is what that would be. And yes, nep roots are black.

Nepenthes vines are extremeley fiberous. I would think that is what that would be. And yes, nep roots are black.

Hm... Well good to know then. Maybe the fibers just came loose when I had my hand in the terrarium moving stuff around. ???

Back