What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A beautiful multiplication

transfered today all my neps in the lab from multiplication media to shooting media.
i also tried a new developed formula for multiplication on some neps and it looks beautiful. this embryogenisis already came after 10 weeks. normally the multiplicated plants look very bad until they start shooting but this is a amazing media :)

Very cool. I really want to learn TC. Tried my hand at it last year. It was a disaster.

Hi Jen, good to know you're picking up with your TC again. The calluses at the base do you cut them up for more multiplication, what hormone and mg/L are you using?

transfered today all my neps in the lab from multiplication media to shooting media.
i also tried a new developed formula for multiplication on some neps and it looks beautiful. this embryogenisis already came after 10 weeks. normally the multiplicated plants look very bad until they start shooting but this is a amazing media :)

Very impressive effort, especially after only ten weeks. What species what you working with in the example?

Well, i developed my medias in years of work, sinde everyone keep secret about their medias it is very hard to start somewhere. I fully understand that no one give their secrets because i know how hard it is to work out good medias.

I always try to keep my lab simple because i dont have the time to handle 50 different medias.
This mean i use one media for each stage for each genus like nepenthes.
The media i tried now is just a little bit modified and seem to work well on all species i tried it like, rajah, burbidgeae, globosa, lowii, veitchii and so on...
On the picture it is a N. glabrata clone

@RBJONG(Robert?) well i dont cut the embryogenisis up, just place the plants on shooting media and they will do the job self, after the first shooting stage i cut them in parts and put them on a second shooting media...

Back