What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

talengensis bloom

uphwiz

jimmy
looks like the neglected nep is going to bloom ,
its one i rescued a couple years ago i had it pitchering well for a time but in the last 6 months as youall know ive not had the time to keep up with my plants as well as i would like , but it is blooming and if i can figure out this computer here where i spend most of my time now i will load a pic or two soon , the pollen will be up for any one interested as soon as the blooms open .

here is the bloom spike as of today

talengensis.jpg

Great to see it blooming. I would have to see the plant to say if it is a good thing or a bad thing.

I have had several orchids bloom then promptly die. As a last ditch effort to pass on its genes a plant will bloom. Death bloom if you will. You said this plant has been neglected for the past 6 months? Might want to keep an eye on it and baby it if you decide to keep the blooms.

I had a single fan Paph rothchildianum bloom. I thought it was a great thing. I was advised to cut the spike,. the plant was too small and it was blooming as a death bloom. The plant promptly died after blooming. And if you know anythign about orchids that is not a cheap plant. I got it free as a NoID. Now of course it is lost.

Good luck with your talengensis.

Oooh, that should be some great pollen. I hope you find a nice female to cross with! :)

I've heard of three or four male ventricosas blooming in the past few days. Now you male talangensis is blooming... I wonder if my N. ventricosa x talangensis is a female... :-))

Is it difficult to get neps to bloom? Congrats! Hope you find a nice mate, since all these males are synchronized, the females must be synchronized with the males and each other, so give it a bit and you may find some. :)

i ll repost when the pollen is ready, i do hope for some female pollen , or i will ship some out for any others interested in attempting an pollenation.

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

Great to see it blooming. I would have to see the plant to say if it is a good thing or a bad thing.

I have had several orchids bloom then promptly die. As a last ditch effort to pass on its genes a plant will bloom. Death bloom if you will. You said this plant has been neglected for the past 6 months? Might want to keep an eye on it and baby it if you decide to keep the blooms.

im pterry sure its ok . but i too have experienced the death bloom . LOL
hurts so good .

its producing a new pitcher too , the neglect is only by not being able to flush with rain water each day like i used too, its in a highland-ish terrarium with a misting system, and lots of t-5 lighting. but if does die . its all your fault for mentioning the dreaded DEATH BLOOM !!!LOL:-))
Just Kidding , and thanks for the advise I will try and give a bit more attiention.

It would be great if you could find a female talangensis. I'd love to grow a seed-grown talangensis.

Well you didn't say that was the kind of neglect your giving it. ;-). I use tap on mine so they mist be really neglected. Lol all are doing well I am glad it's blooming and I do not believe it is a death bloom anymore since you clearified neglect.

Way to go. Awesome job and I am with Dex. Would love a seed grown talengensis.

Maybe Meadowview in West Virginia has a female talangensis that's in bloom? Closest nep nursery I can think of...

Back