Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: talengensis bloom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

talengensis bloom

looks like the neglected nep is going to bloom ,
    its one i rescued a couple years ago i had it pitchering well for a time but in the last 6 months as youall know ive not had the time to keep up with my plants as well as i would like , but it is blooming and if i can figure out this computer here where i spend most of my time now i will load a pic or two soon , the pollen will be up for any one interested as soon as the blooms open .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is the bloom spike as of today

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to see it blooming. I would have to see the plant to say if it is a good thing or a bad thing.

I have had several orchids bloom then promptly die. As a last ditch effort to pass on its genes a plant will bloom. Death bloom if you will. You said this plant has been neglected for the past 6 months? Might want to keep an eye on it and baby it if you decide to keep the blooms.

I had a single fan Paph rothchildianum bloom. I thought it was a great thing. I was advised to cut the spike,. the plant was too small and it was blooming as a death bloom. The plant promptly died after blooming. And if you know anythign about orchids that is not a cheap plant. I got it free as a NoID. Now of course it is lost.

Good luck with your talengensis.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oooh, that should be some great pollen. I hope you find a nice female to cross with!
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard of three or four male ventricosas blooming in the past few days. Now you male talangensis is blooming... I wonder if my N. ventricosa x talangensis is a female...

Is it difficult to get neps to bloom? Congrats! Hope you find a nice mate, since all these males are synchronized, the females must be synchronized with the males and each other, so give it a bit and you may find some.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i ll repost when the pollen is ready, i do hope for some female pollen , or i will ship some out for any others interested in attempting an pollenation.

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    Great to see it blooming. I would have to see the plant to say if it is a good thing or a bad thing.

I have had several orchids bloom then promptly die. As a last ditch effort to pass on its genes a plant will bloom. Death bloom if you will. You said this plant has been neglected for the past 6 months? Might want to keep an eye on it and baby it if you decide to keep the blooms.
    im pterry sure its ok . but i too have experienced the death bloom . LOL
    hurts so good .

its producing a new pitcher too , the neglect is only by not being able to flush with rain water each day like i used too, its in a highland-ish terrarium with a misting system, and lots of t-5 lighting. but if does die . its all your fault for mentioning the dreaded DEATH BLOOM !!!LOL
    Just Kidding , and thanks for the advise I will try and give a bit more attiention.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be great if you could find a female talangensis. I'd love to grow a seed-grown talangensis.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you didn't say that was the kind of neglect your giving it. ;-). I use tap on mine so they mist be really neglected. Lol all are doing well I am glad it's blooming and I do not believe it is a death bloom anymore since you clearified neglect.

Way to go. Awesome job and I am with Dex. Would love a seed grown talengensis.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast