Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A Watched Pot...

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Watched Pot...

So I left school last Sunday for spring break, put a solid inch of water in a tray with all my neps, and prayed it would last the week.
    I returned home last night, just a bit of water is remaining, and my plants seems to have loved the neglect!
    An albomarginata threw out the first pitcher in my care, a tenuis hybrid (I think?) decided to inflate a pitcher almost twice the size of any previous ones at about 2 inches, and a sib x copelandii has started a basal shoot that I just noticed!
    I'll try for some pictures later, but it was awesome to come back to some nice surprises.
    The main thing I'm still waiting on is to see some germination in my nep seeds...there is no mold and the seed still looks good, so I am hopeful!

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My stuff seems to always do better when its in another person's, or nature's, care. Maybe we love our stuff too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When my N. Sanguinea was still growing well I left it for like 2 weeks alone because it rained a lot so I didn't need to water it and it grew some massive pitchers. And the current pitchers caught a ton of bugs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what you mean. Especially when a pitcher is starting to open. If you check on it every day, it takes forever to open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vbkid, did you leave your lights on while you were gone?
    "The plants you grow, end up growing you."

My Grow List:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123995

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do believe that when you leave the plants be to grow and ignore them, they tend to grow much better. Possibly, when you keep looking at them, you get impatient and unnecessarily worried while if you ignore them for a few days to one week, you get nice surprises.

I like to 'ignore' my nepenthes for a week to save up any surprises since I hose my plants with water....all I do is water them and then look away. Hard to resist looking, yes, but sometimes the satisfaction when they do something new for you is worth waiting for
    Edward

My Growlist
    My Twitter page

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I came back from my Bahamas vacation I was amazed how stuff had grown in my absence though my nepenthes hadn't done much since they are slow. But I think that if you're there watching everyday you don't notice the changes as much. So when you return it seems like lots has happened.