What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month APRIL 2012!!

Someone entered one of these fairly recently but this pitcher caught me as quite striking..

N. Inermis x Bongso
IMG_3300_1.jpg

Someone entered one of these fairly recently but this pitcher caught me as quite striking..

N. Inermis x Bongso
IMG_3300_1.jpg

I submitted mine two months ago, so maybe it was mine you were thinking of. I really like inermis X bongso. It really does turn black as it ages! Very nice, Tom.

Dunno if this is actually off-topic, considering how this thread has meandered, so....like the man said, off to the greenhouse I went. From the GH today: SLC. Jewel Box 'Dark Waters'
I've had this plant for twenty years now, and it never fails to impress. These are just the first fifteen flowers open, there are probably sixty more to come
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97352228@N00/7048497367/

While on the one hand :offtopic: true that it's gorgeous! Have you considered entering it at/as plant of the month instead? :-D

I don't think this thread has wandered too far from "lets keep the Nep pitcher contest going - lets review the rules too so we can figure out together how we want to run this because, after all, it is our contest."

Zu wants to embarrass me apparently.... She insisted I add a pitcher to this contest, not caring that my plants recently went through a lot (Neps specifically) with the move... So I went out, and tried to find a pitcher at least sorta worth adding... Here is what I came up with. (Oh, and I suck at taking fancy photos too...)
N. clipeata x ventricosa

IMG_3540.JPG

IMG_3541.JPG

Oh man...! Embarrassed? That's a gorgeous hybrid that I never see enough of. Definitely a worthy candidate for any contest.

WOW I've never even heard of clipeata x ventricosa - that's an amazing looking hybrid!

Drink it. I filled it with coke...

I've actually never see the digestive fluid in a pitcher from the outside before!

Last edited:
Holy crap these plants are nice.

So I went out, and tried to find a pitcher at least sorta worth adding...
Hey, I'm an avowed hybrid-hater but that plant has managed to retain many cool clippy traits -- very nice selection -- very worthy imho!!
Dunno if this is actually off-topic....
Paul - you better stop drinking the fluid from your Nep pitchers! Truly beautiful flowers but in a POTM contest ... :scratch:

Last edited:
WOW adnedarn :ohno: :hail: wait til Clue sees your entry... he might hafta steal it :p

Thank you all.
Zu- Clue has been after a cutting of that for a while... Actually, that pitcher, IIRC is on the basal of my main plant. :-X
Andrew

well I rarely post a pic of my pitiful neps.... (I have two LOL, and nooooooooo I dont want anymore :p)

taken a few mins ago, it gets pitiful lighting but its still pretty me thinks
royaltruncata.jpg

royal truncata :p

see Zu i do know what a nep is ;-)

Wait... Av8tor... what kind of Heliamphora is that? :scratch:

*cuts off peristome with which to make a parasol* :drool:

OK, so, my N. Song of Melancholy is finally legit to enter this month.
20120405-164920.jpg

Niiiiice Whimgrinder!

Ok, so here's mine but it's NOT VOTE-ABLE
N.petiolata!
DSC_0047-3.jpg

How about this... Will get a better pic with my camera in a few days, this is from my phone... The latest from my N. lowii x truncata Wide Peristome seed grown from EP

c357019a.jpg

How about this... Will get a better pic with my camera in a few days, this is from my phone... The latest from my N. lowii x truncata Wide Peristome seed grown from EP

Holy jeezus how did yours get so big so fast?! Mine's only got 1" big pitchers so far :cry:

Back