What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month APRIL 2012!!

Hard to say Zu, my plant is going on a foot or so in diameter, that trap is about 8-9"

Great looking pitcher you got their SK. Have been wondering what the wide form hybrid would look like.

Just for comparison's sake (please leave mine out of the contest), here's a squat around 8".

IMG_1956.jpg

Last edited:
Woooowwweee that's nice Red Lowii!

You can really see the Lowii shape in that one! It has that squeeze in the middle, like a hourglass.

If you look on page 11 of plant images on Redfernnaturalhistory.com, you can see pictures of Lowii in the wild. They look amazing!

Nice plant, anyways, especially the peristome.

I actually had a different initial reaction and thought the body was more Ventricosa influenced. The pitcher appears to still be a lower and Lowiis don't seem to get that ovely pronounced pinched shape until it starts to form uppers, while Ventriocas generally have more of that shape to it all around.

You can really see the Lowii shape in that one! It has that squeeze in the middle, like a hourglass.

If you look on page 11 of plant images on Redfernnaturalhistory.com, you can see pictures of Lowii in the wild. They look amazing!

Nice plant, anyways, especially the peristome.

i thought lowii hybrids lowers showed lowii upper influence,great plant

Sure why not. N. 'Song of Melancholy'

IMG_1546.jpg

Oh sure, why not....

The pitcher on the right is my entry. :)

cp-apr2012-aristo002.jpg

Love em' Brok. Perfect example of a regal plant.

A truly impressive aristo Brokken!

Hmmm, really? I like the one on the left better :p

Gorgeous aristolochioides, Brokken!

Love that plant, Brok. Hopefully the little cutting I got from Travis will be big enough for sparrows to nest in, one day.

Travis, when did I get the lowii x truncata squat from you, October or November? Got an amazing pitcher on it at the moment that is definitely a contender...

edit:
Nevermind, it was December!

Last edited:
Thank you Jeremiah. The rest of us can all go home now! ;-)

We have a winner! :lol:

Usually the whole 'we have a winner' thing is a half joke, this is not one of those times!
By the way, is that an Eddy drooling?! Growing one is one thing, making one drool is on a whole other level.

Back