What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we were to make cuttings of the N. aristolochioides the new cuttings would still make double pitchered leaves right? Perhaps you should register it as a cultivar. :lol:

Ownage plants yes if you to take a cutting, it would indeed be the same plant. Vegitative cloning if you will. Gootluvk getting a queen of hearts clone though. As far ad I know there is just queen of hearts x king if spades on the market. If there id globes of just queen of hearts I bet they cost a pretty penny.

Zhilin,

You may want to change your statement. "Each leaf grows two pitchers" I only see one leaf that made two pitchers. All the other leaves appear to be normal. Probably only because it was doing some weird growth point splitting when that particular leaf formed. For N. aristolochioides this is not unusual to see leaves and growth points do strange stuff..

To everyone else,
Look at what's actually there before doing cartwheels off a cliff ;>

So I was wondering, could you take a picture of your grow rack? I'm actually *gasp* thinking of growing some plants indoors because I won't have a big expansive balcony any more come next month :ohno:. Electricity is expensive in San Diego though :cry: so yeah...

Hi, everyone,

I have not been entered this thread for a long time. These days I was super busy, mainly because the following pic:

IMG_7768.jpg

Yes, my first daughter comes to the world !!!

And here are several new pics:

N. x Dormouse
IMG_7792.jpg

N. robcantleyi (Queen of Heart x King of Spide)
IMG_7750.jpg

close-up
IMG_7756.jpg

N. thorelii x aristolochioides
IMG_7758.jpg

N. "Peter D. Amato" x trusmadiensis
I don't know how long shall I wait for such that it can have characteristic shape and color. How's yours?
IMG_7782.jpg

AMAZING! i wish i can have all of those nepenthes someday

Thank all of you for the comments. I never thought almost everyone is interested in the aristo. Absolutely it is a mutant one. Well, not every its leaf had two pitchers but a number of its leaves had. For such leaf, sometimes I split the leaf from the tip a little and remove one part such that only one pitcher was left, since I observed that two pitchers in one leaf greatly reduced the plant's growth speed. I also split the leaf shown in the pic, but I didn't remove one part, because I guess all of you may want to see it :)

@mass: yes, the hamata is the one in proboards. In fact, I really want to let it gone because I want to buy a book for my graduate study.

@Tony, thank you for helping me explain the "clone". Actually, I am also sometimes confused by the word when heard from others.

@Zu, do you want to see my indoor growing rack? I hope I won't disappoint you, because I grow my indoor plants by light and have to pay the electrical fee monthly :( Here is my indoor growing rack:

IMG_7819.jpg

Zhi, that's an adorable daughter you have :) gong xi ni!

Back