Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Identify N. x Unidentified!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks very stenophyllaish to me. Definitely is not glandulifera and has no influence of glandulifera in it.

Although it resembles Jeremiah's plant, I think it is mostly a superficial resemblance (IMO).
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya...if it had some gland in it there would be more fuzz on it...where you got it from would certainly help out.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Ya...if it had some gland in it there would be more fuzz on it...where you got it from would certainly help out.
    I can't say where I got it from, the site will filter it.

I would say stenophylla is really accurate actually. Like exact, despite the solid lid coloration.

In other news, it survived a 50F night yesterday and has survived through the 35% humidity during the day today. Just turned on the swamp cooler and it's doing its job at raising the humidity. I left the greenhouse door open all day. Showing no signs of stress or anything at all. I assume stenos are very hardy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not pure N. stenophylla. The pitcher and leaves do not match the species correctly.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Paroubek View Post
    It's not pure N. stenophylla. The pitcher and leaves do not match the species correctly.
    My thoughts exactly, I wonder if (this may be a long stretch) perhaps an hybrid involving albomarginata somewhere down the line? I only suggest it because of the whitish band it has around the peristome.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great... So this could be a crazy hybrid like N. stenophylla x [(albomarginata x glandiflora) x (spectabilis x copelaniii)]...

At least we know it has stenophylla in it...?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm saying there is no glandulifera in it whatsoever, it's not glandy enough or hairy enough, the leaf shape is all wrong, not to mention there are a very limited amount of glandulifera hybrids out there as far as I know albomarginata x glandulifera is not one of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    I'm saying there is no glandulifera in it whatsoever, it's not glandy enough or hairy enough, the leaf shape is all wrong, not to mention there are a very limited amount of glandulifera hybrids out there as far as I know albomarginata x glandulifera is not one of them.
    Oh... Well it was just an example. I mean, that's obviously not going to be the cross, just using that as an example to show how it could be a pretty complicated cross impossible to guess.

It's not exactly a white ring around the peristome, but the pitcher coloration does stop near the peristome and leave a ring around it. It's not noticeably white though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast