User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small pitchers after period of stunted growth?

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that the "small lid syndrome" only occurs in truncatas , truncata hybrids or robcantleyis (leading me to believe that robcantleyi is a subspecies or variety) and its usually after shipping or after repot

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    I find that the "small lid syndrome" only occurs in truncatas , truncata hybrids or robcantleyis (leading me to believe that robcantleyi is a subspecies or variety) and its usually after shipping or after repot
    My pure lowii suffered from this so I am inclined to believe it affects more than just truncata.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya my lowii X truncate had this happen to it really bad so most likely a combo...

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an aristo x spectabilis also doing the bitty pitcher thing, after recovering from illness.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno - but this seems logical to me. Anything that impacts a plant enough to make it produce no pitchers (temps, low humidity, poor media, bugs, etc) is obviously stressing the plant. How / why should the plant immediately resume normal / optimal growth when the stressors go away? Do you immediately resume normal activities soon after being massively stressed (ie: surgery, etc)?

As for the plants who produce small pitchers for 'no reason', I tend to figure that there is a reason but I've been too oblivious (being my normal, human self) to have observed the nepenthesly-obvious conditions that impacted their life enough to warrant some significant change (tiny pitcher, small lid, etc). So when the weird stuff happens, it's just a signal to be more like a Nepenthes to understand ....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Ron said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12