Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N. Spectabilis Help

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they are very established basals, it shoudln't hurt to make cuttings of the main vine, as that could always get you somewhere. Hoever, i'm not sure completely takingoff the main vine will be all that great and idea. Besides, give it the right conditions and the main vine shoudl pop back fairly quickly. It just needs some good light, high humidity for a while, and proper highland conditions.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! Thank you both!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main vine looks a little leggy and looks as if it's been growing in low-humidity conditions but the basals seem healthier. Both should recover once you find a way to keep them in higher humidity.
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be surprised if the distributor was growing in low humidity as they carry a LOT of neps. But anything is possible. Thanks for the post!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd be suprised: Sometimes the smaller growers - the ones who only have a handful of plants can attain better looking results than those who grow in bulk for sales: One can give personalized care to each plant as opposed to treating it like a business. All the same you seem to have a pretty healthy looking plant that will soon recover if given the right conditions.
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokken View Post
    You'd be suprised: Sometimes the smaller growers - the ones who only have a handful of plants can attain better looking results than those who grow in bulk for sales: One can give personalized care to each plant as opposed to treating it like a business. All the same you seem to have a pretty healthy looking plant that will soon recover if given the right conditions.
    I'd believe it ,makes sense.
    Thanks for the encouragement. If I can remember, i'll post updates here if it begins to perk up.

Is ready to take this hobby to a whole new level DavyJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My $.02, N. spectabilis was the second plant I got many many years ago, and it can be quite finicky. Mine has always been very prolific when it comes to creating basal shoots, and pitchers readily even in a lower-humidity environment. Some plants do great in lower humidity, others do okay, and some struggle. I'd put this plant into the does okay category. It grows and pitchers for me quite regularly, but it is a slow grower and hasn't attained any real size yet, it just keeps creating basals which I separate off. I like when the plants stay smaller anyways, they take up less space then. Bonsai neps haha
    "We are in a sense the Universe trying to understand itself. By Observing it we are observing what we are." - Phillip Plait

Growlist: Updated 1/11/12 http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=110846

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12