Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fungal infection??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fungal infection??

After talking with mato in chat and seeing what was going on with his tujuh, I started to get a little worried... a couple of my neps appear to have the same thing or something similar.

I just wanted to post a few pics and get some other opinions. Thanks in advance for the help!

N. gentle Has been starting to get red spots for awhile now, and the newest leaf to unfold is an orangeish color ( I just figure it was from the new light)

And this is the N. truncata x spectabilis, It has looked like this since I got it, i just figured it was one of those red leaf neps, but maybie it is the source of the fungus... Idk

Thanks for looking
    Travis

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't look like what my singalana Tujuh is experiencing, but I can't really tell you what it is.. Personally, I don't think I'd be too concerned. Sorta looks like humidity shock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mato77429 View Post
    Doesn't look like what my singalana Tujuh is experiencing, but I can't really tell you what it is.. Personally, I don't think I'd be too concerned. Sorta looks like humidity shock.
    Thanks for the reply, So you dont think those dark purpleish spots are tha seme thing you are dealing with? what do you think looks like humidity shock? the orangeish leaves?

Just not sure at all about the trunc x spect it has looked like that since I got it...

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah.. I don't think I'm going to be a particularly useful source. All I can tell you is that it's not the same as the fungus afflicting my Tujuh. I'm sure Tony or someone may chime in soon with a solid answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mato77429 View Post
    Yeah.. I don't think I'm going to be a particularly useful source. All I can tell you is that it's not the same as the fungus afflicting my Tujuh. I'm sure Tony or someone may chime in soon with a solid answer.
    Thanks Mato! I appreciate it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody else have any ideas?

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that on 75% of my plants. It's only the ones from one place though, its a good place however, so I trust them. It's probably not good, but I've noticed no issues because of it. Some plants that have it grow faster than the ones that don't have it. Actually, most that have it do grow faster, I think that's just chance though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not an expert...

I don't really see any cause for concern. Looks like the plants are adjusting to higher light levels. I have truncata x spectabilis and it does the same thing since it is growing in high light. Some nepenthes' leaves will turn a bronze to red color in higher light intensity, some have spots here and there. As long as the leaves aren't burning you should be OK.

If you find you are burning the leaves, you could move the light a little higher away from the plants and inch or two, and then re-evaluate.

Red tendrils is usually a good indication for me that a plant is getting a good amount of light... genetics permitting of course.
    Last edited by dashman; 06-01-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast