Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes "Sabre"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because a hybrid is a combination of certain plants, for xTM it's any combination of macro and lowii. Anyone please correct me if I am mistaken.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it were lowii X TM then wouldn't it be lowii X ( lowii X macrophylla)? Im talking about crossing a lowii with trusmadiensis (lowii X macrophylla) .

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would still be a TM Lance... Because the parents are still the same... Just a backcross...
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Peat said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trusmadiensis is either lowii x macrophylla or macrophylla x lowii and thats it. If you cross lowii x tm its a lowii x tm the only difference would be that the cross is 3/4 lowii and 1/4 macrophylla.

There is no way in hell to get tm from crossing lowii x tm. There is no such thing as just because the parents are the same its a backcross and thus a tm. How a bout ventricosa x lowii x ventricosa? According to your reasoning its still a lowii x ventricosa because of backcrossing with vent and the parents are the same? The same applies to briggsiana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevnep, read this starting from reply 26. Natural Hybrids are looked at differently than man made hybrids. Lowii x TM would technically be a natural hybrid.
    http://pitcherplants.proboards.com/i...d=11060&page=2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reasoning for this is that we don't know the exact parents of the hybrid, it's parents could have been xTM And xTM or a macrophylla and a xTM, or even Some much more complex cross. You might say, but wait! We know the parentage... It's lowii x xTM, well we don't the exact parentage of the xTM clone because it's from wild collected seed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont believe in that nonsense we know that most tms are lowii x macrophylla because rob collected lowii seeds and some macrophyllas were present at the location but it can clearly be seen that tms are not backcrosses themselves because they display equal lowii and macro traits thus if ep makes lowii x tm it is not a tm but a lowii cross tm

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast