Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Air Layer success - N. hamata

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More "gimme gimme" behavior on the forum. It seems the "trade etiquette" discussion has had little impact.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Interesting... Never heard of this technique. What exactly is it? I'm guessing it has something to do with a layer of air -- no medium -- around a portion of the cutting? Amiwrong?
    Google is your friend. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It takes 5 minutes to sign up on a forum, then another 5 minutes at most to find the thread on air-layering. Thats a whole 10 minutes compared to the time it takes to actually take photos and set up a how to thread, which would take hours to do properly. Why not sign up to CPUK just for the info you're asking about? Not like they make you sign a contract stating you must be an active member...

Quote Originally Posted by Thagirion View Post
    I didn't say you ,RL7836 specifically make one. I said, if someone could make one. Anyone that has had experience doing so could make one and it is not plagiarizing. If I had the know how I could make one without a second thought. No, at the moment I will not be joining that board. One board is enough and I prefer that this is US based. I talk to international growers on my youtube just fine without having to join another forum. Besides if I can't see what the site looks like without joining then it is very likely I shall not join at all. That was the whole point of asking for someone to post one here anyway. I do not care to click away to another site.
    Last edited by 31drew31; 06-12-2012 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Remove nasty sentence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry didnt know wont ask again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drew, No. If you copied my whole post then you see my answer to your question is already there. I gave my suggestion and I stand by it. Now let's get this back on topic.

Again, elgecko, I look forward to seeing your results. Hopefully you'll have lots of cuttings. Could you please give us more details on the process.

Pineapple, I had not heard of this process until I came here as well.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason you're against reading info on CPUK.
    The technique is written out very well, and what I used to make my attempt.... I have nothing to add to it.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thagirion View Post
    Besides if I can't see what the site looks like without joining then it is very likely I shall not join at all. That was the whole point of asking for someone to post one here anyway. I do not care to click away to another site.
    Lol Des,you don't need to join the CPUK to see the post and see the pics (links are provided). Besides you know what WWW stands for: "a system of interlinked hypertext documents accessed via the Internet". Clicking away to other sites is the essence of internet. Why duplicate information and clutter servers?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm contemplating using this technique on some plants a couple years in the future - I can see some of my plants are going to turn into weeds. Do you get additional growth-point sprouts too when you do this, or does it just simply induce roots to form open-and-shut?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123