Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: N. Dubia seadlings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did you get your seeds from a source where you knew how fresh they were? mine are coming from ebuy so really not sure what kinda germ rate i can achieve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have some jamban sprouts from an ebuy that are growing pretty well. If I remember, they germinated in about two weeks. I got 16 out of maybe 50 seeds, and nothing has happened from those extras yet. I just have them sitting near my window under my lamp which is like 3400K or so, and they seem to enjoy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBella View Post
    Congratulations; you must have some fresh seed on hand -- and good luck with them down the line. You'll likely experience sprouting for months to come, if my trays are any indication.

I have found that that species benefits from a good amount of light, since it occurs around 2000 meters in the wild . . .
    Is there a temperature I should be aiming for? do they need a drop in temp for night time like highlanders?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, dubias want a temp drop as they are highlanders. i grow my highlanders with day temps of upper 70s n night in mid 50s. you can get away with night temps a bit higher but u def want a decent drop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they are coming from albermarlessounds in Indonesia I would say they should be pretty fresh, i almost always get decent germ rates from him...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The eB*y merchants are generally selling very iffy seeds, with one exception: ****************, as Kristoff points out. I have always had seeds from him germinate easily and fairly quickly. I would avoid all other merchants on eB*y since many of them sell very stale (read:dead) seed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    If they are coming from albermarlessounds in Indonesia I would say they should be pretty fresh, i almost always get decent germ rates from him...
    thank goodness thats who the inermis and jambans are coming from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Dubia seedlings look a little pale. what would do this? too much light?

Found this in my tray of N. Jacquelineae the seed in the O has a root going into the media and is also growing out the top

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123