Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Is this light burn?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this light burn?

So I didn't pay careful attention to the weather forecast and outsides temps reached a high of 106 F with humidity plunging to 20%. After returning home, I noticed my N. Miranda has a brownish and yellowish spots on the leaves most exposed to the sun. So is this leaf burn?

I moved my plants from under the tree they were growing to full shade. Now this kind of weather is expected for the next week, perhaps even longer, and I'm having a bit of trouble keeping the media moist. If I moved the Neps into my air-conditioned place (temps at around 79 to 81 F), will it send them into shock?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sure looks like it to me, but it definitely isn't severe. Over how long of a period did this form?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It appeared over the course of one afternoon. It definitely wasn't there this the morning. I positioned my plant so that it would get light earlier in the day then shade in the late afternoon but it's now so hot it's still too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case, its most definitely heat/light burn. should recover just fine. That is an extreme temp to take with such low humidity even for a rugged nep like miranda.

... I could never survive in texas it hit 102 here few days ago n i couldn't function.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't function in this heat either! If I could find a job outside of this state, I'd leave in a heartbeat. Even my flytraps are suffering a bit. I'm going to have to take everything indoors for a while.