Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaf-V

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see any problem there. You will realize over time that most Nepenthes take on slightly different leaf/pitcher morphology as they acclimate to your conditions, and can take on characteristics different from their previous growth. No Nepenthes is ever fully acclimated to your grow space in less than 6 months, IMO.

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    I don't see any problem there. You will realize over time that most Nepenthes take on slightly different leaf/pitcher morphology as they acclimate to your conditions, and can take on characteristics different from their previous growth. No Nepenthes is ever fully acclimated to your grow space in less than 6 months, IMO.
    Okay, that makes sense. Thanks!

But if there was a factor in my conditions that made it do that, would it be easy to say what that could be? I was thinking it could be light or something possibly. Its folding up the leaf to either capture more light or less light or something, possibly... Any ideas? Or would it be too hard to tell?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 12"+ N. x 'Momoka' (insignis x merrilliana) had a pretty good leaf jump (maybe 1.5 times as big as the last leaf) and that leaf opened up flat and all was well. This morning I walked into the greenhouse and it too is shaped like a V! The two are growing right next to each other. They're also both from the same vendor, but I don't think that would matter. They were both added the same day.

I stood there and pondered why this may be happening. Then I noticed that that end of the greenhouse, for about 5 Neps, is completely shaded in the morning. So it only gets 2-3 hours of 50% shade and the rest of the day its in shade. Could it be light? They are in the perfect spots and I would hate to move them, I really like where they are sitting. Any ideas now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went into the greenhouse today and the little pitcher bud about three leaves back that has been there for at least three months was beginning to get bigger! So hopefully the plant is happy. The other one with the Leaf-V deal is also pitchering. Just weirdly shaped leaves.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you brought this up I went outside to look at my Neps and saw the same thing!! I never noticed it before but I don't think it matters. It just happens when the leaves get big I guess.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Once you brought this up I went outside to look at my Neps and saw the same thing!! I never noticed it before but I don't think it matters. It just happens when the leaves get big I guess.
    The leaves before this one were actually slightly bigger I believe.

I'll post an update when both plants make a new leaf or if this happens to another plant. Thanks for the help guys!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12