Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pitcher of the Month July 2012

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    And now the same pitcher in a clown costume please.
    HAR! I'll need a photo of you if I'm going to manage such an awe-inspiring act of Photoshoppery!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    Sorry guys, apparently I read my records wrong and my lowii x truncata is not eligible for 3 more weeks, what a lousy shame... My records are kept on my pc which keeps things in day month year format rather than month day year, and apparently I never realized that because it's never been an issue until someone had to be "PoTM police" on another forum and called me out *shrug* no big deal, just a competition... I feel like this guy has some personal issue with me anyway. See it next month maybe, that is of course unless in the next 3 weeks the plant suddenly croaks of some unexplainable death...
    This is why I object to the rule that a plant must have grown in your care for 6 months. IMHO, it would be enough that the pitcher have developed from leaf to fully opened pitcher while in that person's care. I would put it back in there if I were you, Kris.
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokken View Post
    This is why I object to the rule that a plant must have grown in your care for 6 months. IMHO, it would be enough that the pitcher have developed from leaf to fully opened pitcher while in that person's care. I would put it back in there if I were you, Kris.
    Yeah, I'm not gonna call it out .. I mean if it's obvious you *just* got it in the mail then that might be uh... embarassing for the pitcher entrant, but yeah. If you grew it in yourself and you're just at the cutoff line, I wouldn't be so uptight, yo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just reduce the rule to three months

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would replace the rule with 'if the pitcher has grown from bud to mature pitcher in the care of the person posting it' it's fair game.
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys, maybe I'll repost it up with some updates later, but I would hate to make someone else upset because I skated under the rules, ya know?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sooo... I can post villosa?
    @Sk, I agree, you should post it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In any competition there will be 'lines in the sand' and naturally people who push those boundaries. The current line is 6 mo. Kris had no issue with it but accidentally mis-read his dates. No issue - he can easily re-enter next month. If the arbitrary 'line in the sand' is moved to 'developed leaf in person's care' then there will be arguments that - "that leaf was forming when I shipped it to you so you still can't enter it" .... etc, ad infinitum... The current line is 6 months - no big deal ...

Heck I received a Royal truncata on April 6 and the newest leaf was snapped off during shipping. The next pitcher opened a few weeks ago and is gorgeous. A part of me would love to enter it but the next developing leaf is at least 30% larger & the pitcher should also be killer. What's the big deal with waiting a few months?
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast