Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: N. Burbidgeae x Edwardsiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My conditions are, nights high 50's and days are highs around mid 70s. Humitity is any where from 60 to 88%. If there is any advice I can give you it would be to figure out your soil and where you are going to put it and leave it alone. I am no expert and only grow about 50ish nepenthes. But I do grow what most consider vey difficult and my last statements has been the key to my success. Oh and if you don't want your mistake I have a good home for it. Good luck!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently rrcieved onr of these in a trade. It was traded tk ne becausr of its stagnation and wasnt liking its conditions. I pot it up, have it on my HL Gh where it has 50% shade cloth ac unit and grows many hl species well wirh humidity being 80-100%

The plant is working on its first leaf in a relatively short ammpunt of time. If you want slow tray lowii. Both ofine are crawling.

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine seems hardy... Never thought of it being difficult much. It finished growing a leaf and opening it in my care and it is starting to grow a new one. The pitchers seem to last pretty long too. Its media has been kept pretty wet to keep the sphag on top from drying out, since its in a greenhouse in the middle of summer.

It has been growing in 50F nights and around 80F days. Some days, it has gotten to around 95F and none of my highlanders, intermediates and lowlanders seem to have any issues with my conditions. They continue to grow and pitcher quickly. 80% humidity morning, 60% humidity day, 80% humidity evening, 90% humidity night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well duh, of course its thriving. Its in a greenhouse with almost perfect temps and humidity!
    Gettin there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A
    Quote Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
    Well duh, of course its thriving. Its in a greenhouse with almost perfect temps and humidity!

Are you in the States or elsewhere? If the local market got the plants direct from MT they would need some hardening up. If on the other hand they had been growing themselves for time they may well be ok. How long have you had it? I have another one growing outside for the summer so would think a windowsill getting good light should be ok just once the plant adjusts. I must admitt I rarely give my neps any special treatment apart from keeping them a bit warmer in the winter.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found this cross to be relatively easy.

Mine arrived in OK condition, nothing special. It immediately started growing from that point on until about a year into owning it, it stopped almost completely and went into suspended animation. It was potted in a particularly dense pot of 100% LFS, and I repotted it into some looser pure LFS. It has since continued to grow and pitcher profusely with no issues. It is not the fastest grower but it certainly is not all that slow either. It seems to be a little picky about its soil but other than that this plant has given me zero trouble. It has thrived in temperatures ranging from intermediate to highland (never either for very long though). It has even continued growing through an infestation of thrips and has shown zero signs of damage or deformities despite the fact that thrips had obviously lived in its leaves.

I've given it pretty high light and a decent standard humidity.

I would say it is a very hardy and easy cross once you get it going.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is thriving, it arrived in rough shape but after I found out what it likes, it took right off. It appears to thrive in a very well drained mix that is watered often, very bright light, and humidity of at least 60%. Temps are something it isn't overly fussy about, HL to intermediate suits it fine as long as all the other things it likes are provided.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dex: Thanks for your replying, that was very helpful info. I wonder whats in my burb x eddie's soil....

Exo: This info helps a lot, thanks! I will be sure to water it alot, and give it lots of light. I have it bagged right now. Have you been giving yours those night temp drops?
    Gettin there...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast