User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ailing Nepenthes, Looking For Some Help!

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ailing Nepenthes, Looking For Some Help!

So I recently outgrew my first shelf on the grow rack, and have about half my nepenthes in the rack, and half on a windowsill. The ones on the sill have been doing great, but some on the rack have been browning prematurely and wilting their leaves a bit. I *think* reducing the watering and repotting them in a more airy mixture has helped a little, but things still aren't great. I've let them get pretty dry between waterings recently, but not all the way. Some pictures are below, any advice is greatly appreciated!
    N. spectabilis x talangensis
    DSCN0611

N. albomarginata
    DSCN0610
    Next to the albo, you can see another plant where the basals are starting to not look so good.

Thanks,
    Kyle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you get a look at the roots when you reported? Or, perhaps, did it have a rather unpleasant smell, different than that nice "Earthy" smell to it? If the roots were rotting before, it won't be able to suck up water now. I would suggest bagging them, or otherwise raising the humidity, and perhaps consider watering more frequently with the lighter mix you have.

Just my two cents, other more experienced growers may have better advice for you.

Cj
    "The plants you grow, end up growing you."

My Grow List:
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123995

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks to me like a humidity issue. I'd recommend bagging them or finding some sort of way to increase the humidity.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com