What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month August 2012

Vote for the best!

• roxorboxor -- N. mikei

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Rball -- N. spectabilis 'giant' x ventricosa

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • maxima -- N. albomarginata 'red'

• Red Lowii -- N. ventricosa 'porcelain'

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • pygo -- N. lowii x boschiana

• huy716 -- N. (lowii x veitchii) x boschiana

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • SirKristoff -- N. lowii x truncata

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • uphwiz -- N. ampullaria 'borneo sunset'

• mato -- N. x trusmadiensis 'clone 2'

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Exo -- N. hamata

• Ownage Plants -- N. truncata x ephippiata

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thez_yo

instigator
1. Only ONE (1) PITCHER per member may be entered in any particular month.
2. All pictures must be taken in the month of entry into the contest.
3. All entries must be clearly identified.
4. Entries are restricted to cultivated plants.
5. Contestants may post as many times and as many pictures of their entry as they like until contest closing on 08/31/12
6. Sequential pictures showing opening of a pitcher are fine as long as all pictures are taken within the month of the contest.
7. If, for some reason, a single pitcher cannot be isolated and a group shot is necessary, then the particular pitcher entered must be clearly identified in your post.
8. Plant must have been grown by owner at least six months prior to photo.
9. Times of Contest and Poll openings and closings are to be understood as EST.
10. Judging by forum members and guests in a poll opening on 09/01/12, closing 09/05/12 and using the Condorcet Internet Voting Service (Beatpath/Schulze/CSSD completion rule). The THREE (3) most popular entries (according to "proportional representation") will be considered "Winners" and the top 3 places will be posted in the 'Hall of Fame" sticky. http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?125393-Pitcher-of-the-Month-HALL-OF-FAME
** Please remember to clearly identify your entry!!**

Contest will be closed on August 31st 2012 at 5:00PM EST
Good luck!!

-->I reserve the right to drool over campanulata species and hybrid pics. Also, I will NOT be entering any plant for serious consideration in this competition for placement. If I do, please smack-talk me

I'll try this time.

N. mikei
S6301056.jpg

S6301053.jpg

S6301050.jpg

Hard to take pictures of this plant cuz it's at the very edge of the windowsill behind the desk. All these shots had to be taken by guessing since I couldn't actually see through the camera :-))

So bloated aristos and huge white burbidgeae pitchers don't seem to please you people, so here is something you can sink your teeth into.....

Seedgrown N.hamata
Nhamata_8-1-12.jpg

that is an awesome plant^ :D

I've removed this entry in favor of a non-competitive approach. Feel free to delete this post.

Last edited:
That is beautiful Paul! So purple!

Last edited:
Nice Trunc x veitchii. :)

The rules for this was put up for discussion and vote, it was deemed no changes needed... So here is the contest with the rules as they are, if you don't like them don't participate. It's that easy. I will prune and edit this topic down to what it's supposed to be... *sigh*
Andrew

ps
I don't recall anything about you can't put the same plant in every month... as long as it doesn't win or whatever, right? So, fah-get-'bout it.... It's within the rules so there it is.

Nice plant Travis! Is that the one I traded you a while back?

albomarginata, red

albored.jpg

rball that spec giant x vent is a real stunner,i have a small plant labeled vent x spec are they different crosses???

N. Ventricosa - Porcelain
7716815664_b7a5f67cb9_k.jpg

7716806606_41412c9553_k.jpg

7716837200_b8db59bcd2_k.jpg

corky i do believe the parents are different as in terms of which one was mother and father, not sure the dif. between spec. and spec giant but that is another difference

lowii x boschiana
lowxbosch2.jpg

(lowii x veitchii) x boschiana
P8120001.jpg

P8120017.jpg

@huy: now that's something you dont see every day... loving the permistone, almost ventricosa porcelain-esque

Huy, that plant is gorgeous.

WOW, that pitcher is unbelievable, huy!! I second what amph said about the peristome, dang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back