What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

n. lady pauline update

uphwiz

jimmy
its starting to get a pretty long vine but still keeping several pitchers all the time now, :-D.
does anyone have an older L.P. i still have no basals. :blush:
IMG_6256.jpg
IMG_6255.jpg
IMG_6262.jpg
IMG_6253.jpg

That plant is gorgeous!

Wow, great plant! L.P. is probably my favorite maxima hybrid.

Man, I need to get one of those. Between you and Whimgrinder, I'm hooked on this hybrid!

I've had to cut the vine back on mine three times in four years. Once they vine they rocket! Also, I found that once they vine they produce basals readily. Mine put out four basals the last time I cut it. I cut back two of them to keep it from weakening too much. Right now it's a small plant again. So just be patient, and you'll have some basals fairly soon most likely.

Thats beautiful Upwhiz. My plant is small but is already making basals. Hope it looks remotely like yours when its bigger.

Thats beautiful Upwhiz. My plant is small but is already making basals. Hope it looks remotely like yours when its bigger.

could and would you post a pic of yours here ?

Very nice nep uphwiz!
Looks like you take great care of the plant and the pics are nice a vibrant.
I have had this for a few years and have cut it back once.
It readily produces basals for me. 5 since I have gotten it.
Here are some pics of mine from 2009 when it was just starting to vine. No basals on the plant when I posted these pics.

ladyp5.jpg

ladyp-1.jpg

ladyp3.jpg

Here is the Nep now. It has vined again and has 2 basels that are starting to take off.
It looks a bit rough as I put it outside in full sun this summer and it burnt badly at first.
PICS taken today 8/31/12
LPPB6.jpg

LPPB5.jpg

LPPB4.jpg

LPPB2.jpg

LPPB.jpg

Peace,
Zero

Last edited:
That's just very pretty :)

I just recently got a citting of the female lady pauline. I cant wait till it grows like yours

These plants are amazing. Keep the pictures coming. :hail:

that's really beautiful !

My lady Pauline. Small but has a basal growing:).

dscf8743mq.jpg

dscf8744q.jpg

dscf8747b.jpg

mine finally made not one but two basals , yip yip yippie.
IMG_0700.jpg

Nice!
Good growing Jimmy. The plant should fill out nicely.

Back