Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: return of the pest w/ pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    saved and thx for the resource. hmm i may be in luck bc those little white bugs may be springtails.......especially since I do not ever see them on the plants and just in the media. I bought some of the bt as tony suggested and that with neem oil should get those pesky larvae and possibly the springtails but as far as what i read they don't seem to interfere with the plants so idc if they rummage around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you think they're springtails, poke/nudge the bigger ones with a toothpick.

If they "vanish"/jump away, they're springtails.

If they squish, you pushed too hard. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not springtails ...either way the neem oil is doing it's thing. didn't see any fungus gnat larvae but the white bugs....whatever they end up being are still lurking.....ill reapply in 2 more days and hopefully a week or 2 of neem oil warfare should turn the tide of the battle. Will apply that bt stuff this weekend to kill any larvae the neem oil missed.

also had a question about 2 peticides

imidacloprid
    perethen

either of these safe....guessing the second one isn't bc it seems to be able to kill everything according to the bottle. lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is a pic of that webbing like stuff...looked like an eggsac so it was flushed.....for the most part they are gone....i am giving them a neem oil bath every 3 days and I have to really look around to find them now. another week or 2 of vigilance and I believe they will be gone for good. any comment on the 2 pesticides above.....I think i read the one is safe but haven't seen anything on the second one i listed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12