What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got my GH!!!

I would like to ask if anyone in the forum have links or advice on a misting system for an 8 x 10 GH, Would a Fogger do the same as keeping the GH humid and cool during the day? or would it have to be a combination of both? I'm growing intermedia's and some higlands. Yes I'm adding a big AC for night temps. took these with the phone so sorry for the quality, here it is!

558480_10151166677974456_1593493521_n.jpg

644225_10151166681994456_17913359_n.jpg

581451_10151166685084456_1926563690_n.jpg

320391_10151166872819456_639050419_n.jpg

404156_10151166877909456_1877391587_n.jpg

I am like sooooo jealous, Congrads and many years of happy growing in your future.

Very nice greenhouse. I like the design!

oh wow Jose!
Pre-assembled, pre-wired GH shed. SO LUCKY!! I've been eyeing these for quite some time.
Mind if I ask how much it set you back?

and a new avatar taBoot. Look at you go..

Congrats. I'm very jealous too.

Hydrofoggers are the way to go

oh wow Jose!
Pre-assembled, pre-wired GH shed. SO LUCKY!! I've been eyeing these for quite some time.
Mind if I ask how much it set you back?

and a new avatar taBoot. Look at you go..
Thank you Travis!
Ugh I don't want to think how bad it set me back, LOL I got it for $1400 :0o:

Thank you Jcal! & thank you Kevnep for that information :)

Thank you Travis!
Ugh I don't want to think how bad it set me back, LOL I got it for $1400 :0o:

sounds about right though. At least you didn't overpay.. Can't wait to see it filled with plants.

thats a real nice setup! congrats, hope it works well for ya! so jealous i think i may go kick a puppy :0o:

kidding of course :awesome:

Wow, congrats! Nice setup.

Now you need to host a GH warming party. :awesome:

Nice! :) I have an 8x16x10... I started off with a aquafogger (http://jaybird-mfg.com/), which uses force to break water up into smaller particles and then blow it out... that kept the center strip down the g/h wet always. Then, I moved to a 1000psi fogger, which puts out a great fog (not spray) but again too much. So I had to do lots of messing around to get fewer foggers without having too low a flow for the pump and finally got it figured out. It is set on a humidistat so it only runs for like 20-40 seconds at a time. Generally when it comes on the cooler does shut off from the temp drop. but in order to have something spray constantly in that small of an area... it would have to be a really low flow. And then watch to make sure that as the humidity rises, the cooling effect doesn't quit working- so not sure how that would work. Guess you'd just have to try it. Maybe get one of those much smaller "booster" pumps and put it through a few misting/fogging heads in front of a osculating fan. The booster would make the mist finer than hose pressure (they use less water that way too) so it should make things less wet, and better evaporation/cooling. That's about the best advice I can give. :D
If you think this is how you want to go, and would like to see what the fog from 1000psi looks like I can probably help you out.
Andrew

edit: Here is what a 1000psi fogger setup looks like when not optimized for use in a greenhouse. Note all the way in the back above me you'll see the aquafogger. (This video still makes me laugh, it's just too dang much! It doesn't even pressurize until about 11 seconds (you can hear it) I fixed that problem too...)

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K0gQ0hXr64A?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Ah heck with it... Here is a quick video of how it runs now, I just added the 2 fogger heads to the small greenhouse about 2 months ago, it took more load off of the large greenhouse and allows for even longer run times. You should notice how much better it evaporates into the air VS the before video it was just loads of water spraying down.
Hope it helps :p
Andrew

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V2LGV3rLo6U?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Travis, I know! I can't wait man. It's going to be jungle! lol..
Mylesg, No kicking!!!! you're a mess lol Thank you! :-D
Lil Stinkpot, who the DJ? W00P W00P! :boogie:

Andrew, when is your second video what you meant when you said "Guess you'd just have to try it. Maybe get one of those much smaller "booster" pumps and put it through a few misting/fogging heads in front of a osculating fan. The booster would make the mist finer than hose pressure (they use less water that way too) so it should make things less wet, and better evaporation/cooling." ? I would like that in the GH. BTW thank you for your help!! I'm new to all of this & it can be overwhelming :0o:

BTW Andrew, what was up in the first video?! Mr. Fogman LOL jk that was intense hehehe

My second video is my same pump... just a lot less fogger heads. It is right at the absolute minimum flow rate, so your g/h being smaller it would have more fogger heads than I have in both mine (they are both on the same system). So maybe a booster pump, with a less flow requirement would be better... I think I had looked at one that was like cloud burst or something... The second video was just showing what I managed to make work off of that large 1000psi system.
Andrew

Ok! let me search, cuz I like the look and feel of how the thick fog just floats in your GH :)

Thank you!

Back