Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sickly Judith Finn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judith Finn prefers lowland conditions? I better see what are the plants that make up Judith Finn. I just thought because it contains spathulata.......well, I thought int/high type conditions generally speaking but lowland is a surprise. Perhaps some of the plants....especially if from seeds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    N. spathulata x veitchii. We have one at Meadowview in the lowland greenhouse and it pitchers consistently.

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire Man View Post
    N. spathulata x veitchii. We have one at Meadowview in the lowland greenhouse and it pitchers consistently.
    Blehh, if I have the time I'll just sell it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never mind.
    Last edited by Rocketcaver; 09-26-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the takeaway message here might be: research the plant you want before you buy it, to determine its suitability for your growing conditions. Way back when I was poised to buy a whopping plant of N. albomarginata.......until I found out what it's temperature requirements were, then I changed my mind and selected something suited to my grow space. I still love albomarginata, but I can't realistically accommodate it in my greenhouse. Plenty of other wonderful plants to choose from!

There are some really great N. spathulata hybrids out there which, for my tastes, give a lot more bang for the buck. N. Benevolence is a fine example: the pitchers look a lot like pure spathulata, they are honkin' big, and they last up to fourteen months! The peristome is deep purple-brown with an iridescent sheen. What's not to like?

[IMG]http://**************************************/2012/09/20120927-062535.jpg[/IMG]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa!!! That is a nice spathulata hybrid for sure!!!!! Look at that color on the inside of the pitcher...that is really cool looking.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123