Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sickly Judith Finn

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sickly Judith Finn

I learned my lesson about eBay orders... The plant was just $7.50 though and it is pretty big, but it arrived in bad shape. Browning leaves that were curled, no pitchers, etc. So it has put out a new leaf or two per growth point (3 growth points) which are all green, but still curled. I know I can get it back into good health, but my question is why are there like no tendrils on the leaves, even the new ones? These are maybe 8" or more leaves with 1/4" tendrils that don't grow, and it was that way for every previous leaf too. No extended tendrils at all. What could be the problem?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Supposedly it is extremely difficult to get Judith Finn to pitcher. I have no clue why, just heard that from some people. Could explain the small tendrils

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heli View Post
    Supposedly it is extremely difficult to get Judith Finn to pitcher. I have no clue why, just heard that from some people. Could explain the small tendrils
    Really? Wow... So how do I get it to pitcher lol?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cross your fingers and sprinkle pixie dust on it. I have no clue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heli View Post
    Cross your fingers and sprinkle pixie dust on it. I have no clue
    I'll buy some from the dealers in the neighborhood and sprinkle it in the medium. Would sprinkle it in the pitchers, but they have none, so...

It had one pitcher on it when I received it, but it was like 100 leaves back and dry as a bone... So it must have been in good care until recently, then sold on eBay... Anyone know how to get it to pitcher? I will receive my new swamp cooler this week and hopefully set it up by the end of the weekend and see if that will do the trick...

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mine seem to not pitcher when I leave them too dry. So it seems to me they like to be pretty moist... for a Nepenthes. Same experience with one I sent off to a friend, it didn't pitcher at all. Once I started him up on the tray system of watering he started getting pitchers.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    Mine seem to not pitcher when I leave them too dry. So it seems to me they like to be pretty moist... for a Nepenthes. Same experience with one I sent off to a friend, it didn't pitcher at all. Once I started him up on the tray system of watering he started getting pitchers.
    Andrew
    Hm... I keep all of my Nepenthes wet, not just moist. I have low humidity during the day (as of now, but not until I get my new swamp cooler this Friday) and it dries up the sphag, so I had to wet it maybe two or three times a day and it all drains into the medium. Judith has been very wet because I just started a culture of sphag on top of the medium...

Thanks for the reply!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some of my plants that were recieved in less than ideal condition took months to inflate their first pitchers.... you may just have to wait it out as the plant recovers and gets back to its happy place

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast