Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian James's Plants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christian James's Plants

I just uploaded over a hundred photos of my collection from the last couple years to my facebook page. I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think. It should be visible to everyone here:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1627244&type=3

I seem to have a knack for picking out unlabeled plants, and there are a bunch which I would love any help you could give to figure out what they are. Here are the main unknown plants, more photos of each are on the facebook album.

Maxima Hybrid:
    when I first got it:

Upper along w a fresh basal:

recently:

new developing pitcher:

I've had this for two years now and bought it from Danny at the Hilo Farmers Market. I originally thought it was Maxima x Mira or Eymae but then I noticed it has sub-peltate leaves so I was thinking Campanulata x Maxima for awhile. Then I learned this could just be the Maxima in it since their not full peltate. So now My best guess is (maxima x (fusca x veitchii)) 'St. Galla.' It confuses me greatly, but is really showing lots of Maxima now, just with a thin elongated peristome.

Red Truncata Hybrid:

It's really just a big Question Mark:

A recent purchase from Sam so I'm sure it will reveal more of itself as time goes by. It looks very much like his St. Phocas [N. tobaica x truncata]. But the peristome is banded and the wings are diminished. Could just be seed variation but it sure seems like there is some Spectabilis in there. I also thought possibly some Boschiana, or Ramispina. A new pitcher is about to open so I can't wait to see what it brings!

Green Truncata Hybrid:

the plant along with a 'Lorraine' (singalana x boschiana) pitcher

I'm really thinking Chaniana crossed w Truncata for this one. It is really hairy and a wonderful lime green. It does have one eye spot in the pitcher, but I'm not sure if that is going to be typical or not, but it led me to think of Reinwardtiana.

Ramispina Hybrid:

It looks very pure Ramispina to me. All I can really tell is that the leaves and pitchers are very thin and slender compared to what I've seen online. Maybe
    Alata, highland or Tobaica?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should be visible to everyone here:
    Nope. Need FB membership.
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm betting your red truncata hybrid is part sanguinea. Correct me if I'm wrong, guys, but I've only ever seen that very long single spur on the back of the lid on sanguinea and its hybrids. It also has the sanguinea collar halfway down the pitcher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to answer your last question, possibility could be sanguinea.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have N. 'Lorraine' too. Very pretty hybrid. Mine's working on a new pitcher right now. How big is your's? I'm very curious about the size this one can reach considering N. boschiana is huge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh shoot, I thought because it was marked public everyone could see the photos; guess it's just everyone who has a facebook account. Those of you without a facebook account can you see the photos in the post?

My Lorraine is very young, but hopefully it will get almost as big as a boschiana! I'm sure the Singalana will limit it at least a little.

I could see some Sanguinea in the Red Truncata, but I see almost a lack of it in the Ramispina hybrid over most (which usually do have some Sanguinea in them).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some photos from the last couple months to finish out 2012:

Unknown Red Truncata Hybrid (maybe w Spectabilis & Tobaica):

Unknown Maxima Hybrid (maybe w Sanguinea):

Red Leopard:

a few Red Leopard cuttings:

Miranda (most likely)

Death of a growth node, probably from over fertilization - tried Osmocote for the first time & didn't like it:

Unknown Ramispina Hybrid (probably w the purple Sanguinea)

A Big Ventricosa

Starting to grow some Sphagnum

Unknown Truncata:

'Lorraine' (singalana x boschiana)

'Charity' - (spathulata x (maxima x (northiana x veichii))):

'Night Song' - (Puna x Truncata) - ((maxima x (tobiaca x talangensis)) x Truncata)

Ampullaria, Green Spotted:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice 'Lorraine' pitchers! Mine's a lot smaller. Just opened a 2" tall pitcher. It's a whole lot darker, though. The hips line is so pronounced! Whatever the mystery hybrids are they look good.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast