Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: trichoderma on nepenthes

An orchid fancier with a CP problem chibae's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i apologize for my earlier post. I use a mixed Mycorrhizal product that contains trich on my slipper orchids, not straight trich. And this is what I had tested on the N. sangs with poor results. http://generalhydroponics.com/site/i.../subculture_m/
    It's a tough life being a Sarracenia farmer
    My Grow List http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=123776

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok this is already in south africa so there is no shipping but i want to specifically know the effects on nepenthes. Ive read m.any beneficial stories and a few not so much. But from what i read it depend on the trichoderma used. I want to try it as a preventative measure against rot and root rot i also want to try it on my cephs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think that if you are repeatedly dealing with loss of roots on Nepenthes, then there is a problem with cultural conditions that needs to be addressed, not "fixed" with bioremedies and/or fungicides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i cant speak for all but i use the tricho strictly as a preventative not to treat a chronic root rot problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh forgot to mention they also advertise trichoderma to prevent botrytis on seedlings. They have very nice heated and unheated propagators and i was wondering if this trichoderma and the propagators could be useful for germinating nep seeds, i do have problems with botrytis. What do you guys think? There is a link to the website and products below please have a look and comment

http://www.hortishop.co.za/products/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to use it as a preventative on other plants especially new plants not as a treatment. It seems my mix holds too much water and the pots i used are crappy, not enough drainage so i water less regularly and changed many pots to well draining pots. But lowii is a constant problem they just keep rotting up in our mixes so i will plant the im pure perlite and try that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevnep View Post
    Oh forgot to mention they also advertise trichoderma to prevent botrytis on seedlings. They have very nice heated and unheated propagators and i was wondering if this trichoderma and the propagators could be useful for germinating nep seeds, i do have problems with botrytis. What do you guys think? There is a link to the website and products below please have a look and comment

http://www.hortishop.co.za/products/
    I have found trichoderma to be effective in the prevention of Botrytis in seedlings -- Nepenthes, Heliamphora, etc. In general, i mixed the granular form in with the moistened compost prior to sowing the seed; though I have never applied anything to the seedlings themselves . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx, i think ill try it then

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234