Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aristo Sick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think repotting it is the best thing that you could have done....I never like to keep my plants in the growers soil but I got mealy bugs from a grower recently so I would always put it in my own soil for now on. Good luck Pineapple. Give the plant really cool nights and good light during the day. Perhaps you won't have too warm of days now that Winter is starting in North America so that is good. To be honest, I think you actually had good growth with those two top leaves but I understand why you are concern because I hate to see those sort of blemishes on my leaves. Overall, your plant looks really good and changing the soil was a good thing. Again, good luck and keep us posted.

N_CloudySkies

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its best practice to repot everything. Your grow style is most likely different than the grower you got it from. My ham came potted I left it in its pot it was potted in. Before I knew it I rotted all the roots. I watered too heavy for the mix he had it in. Its now recovered but was scary as I just traded my second one away at the time. I don't like heavy peat mixes. So they are always repoted. Plus it let's you assess root health. Just good practice. And gives you baseline on repot schedule.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure the daytime high temps have not exceeded 80F?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    poor little aristo

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by N_CloudySkies View Post
    I think repotting it is the best thing that you could have done....I never like to keep my plants in the growers soil but I got mealy bugs from a grower recently so I would always put it in my own soil for now on. Good luck Pineapple. Give the plant really cool nights and good light during the day. Perhaps you won't have too warm of days now that Winter is starting in North America so that is good. To be honest, I think you actually had good growth with those two top leaves but I understand why you are concern because I hate to see those sort of blemishes on my leaves. Overall, your plant looks really good and changing the soil was a good thing. Again, good luck and keep us posted.

N_CloudySkies
    Thanks! I'll keep y'all updated. Yesterday I stuck it in my large sphagnum culture container and put a lid over top of it while still allowing good air circulation. Should raise the humidity and lower lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    Its best practice to repot everything. Your grow style is most likely different than the grower you got it from. My ham came potted I left it in its pot it was potted in. Before I knew it I rotted all the roots. I watered too heavy for the mix he had it in. Its now recovered but was scary as I just traded my second one away at the time. I don't like heavy peat mixes. So they are always repoted. Plus it let's you assess root health. Just good practice. And gives you baseline on repot schedule.
    I'll start the trend of repotting what needs to be when I buy new stuff. I actually started that trend yesterday, repotted my hammy x platy and the other Nep I bought was fine because it was in pure LFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Are you sure the daytime high temps have not exceeded 80F?
    Yes, 100% positive. It hasn't done that since I got my new swamp cooler. It's actually been between 65-75F, usually on the lower end of that spectrum, during the day and about 50-57F at night according to my high/low thermometer. It is a bit higher than 50% humidity for three hours during the day, 70% from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM and 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM and the rest of the time it is around 90%.

Quote Originally Posted by n bicalcarata View Post
    poor little aristo
    Yesh lul. I'm killing it.

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not getting any better in high humidity and shade. Leaves are bumpy and look like they are a bit dehydrated. I'm afraid I'll lose it. Should I bring it inside and stick it in a terrarium?

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now you should bag it and drape something over the top of it that is shady so the water droplets won't magnify and burn the leaves. In the future you may need to keep it inside a terrarium in the GH along with a shade cloth over the terrarium.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it always that wet
    The browning midvein on the two uppermost leaves and the spotting that is starting to show is troubling and probably indicates some fungal infection. Possibly from being too wet. Sounds like there was a root problem too? Did you see active healthy root tips when you repotted it?
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast