What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aristo Sick

my aristo is perfectly healthy and growing like heck and it only in a terrarium under 1 t5 and 1 17 watt bulb

err probably will make it but cut the brown off and put it in a mesh pot yours is producing big leaves for the size of the plant so it should do well
also what is your humidity mines at 90 so if its below 90 or so bag it up or if you want to put it in a terrarium mines in one and its growing well

Last edited:
looks far from being dead... wouldnt count it out by any means. my izumiae stalled for a good 4 months before pitchering and acting happy. my talangensis is still stalled an looks like your aristo with pitcherless foliage and just doesnt seem interested in pitcvhering.

sometimes patience is all you need when dealing with a slow to recover highlander.

aristolochioides can be very very slow to start. I had a small BE clone for a long time that looked like yours, it just sat there for like 6 months and only just started growing right before sending it to someone else. I think your issue could be with the substrate (but you already repotted), your humidity, or your temps (aristo hates hot temps). I recently got a seed grown cutting from a very old aristolochioides clone and so far its been growing quick, perhaps its just the clone that you got that is picky.

Thanks for the responses guys! I guess I'll just keep hoping it pulls through. :(

aristolochioides can be very very slow to start. I had a small BE clone for a long time that looked like yours, it just sat there for like 6 months and only just started growing right before sending it to someone else. I think your issue could be with the substrate (but you already repotted), your humidity, or your temps (aristo hates hot temps). I recently got a seed grown cutting from a very old aristolochioides clone and so far its been growing quick, perhaps its just the clone that you got that is picky.

Temps are about mid 70s during the day and 50s at night... 70% humidity through most of the day, 90% at night... I think it has some sort of root rot. :(

bag it !!!!!!! give it 90 % day 99% night humidity works well

That might not be your answer, you don't want constant condensation on the plant either.

That might not be your answer, you don't want constant condensation on the plant either.

I have been taking the bags off before the sun shines on the GH and putting them back on afterwards so that they don't overheat, so the condensation isn't always on the plant.

Back