Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nepenthes Aponi still not doing better :(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmcnair View Post
    Whatever you do, DO NOT wipe your plant down with alcohol it will almost always kill your plant even if you wash it off of the leaves soon after.
    For what its worth, I have sprayed 70% isopropyl alcohol directly onto Nepenthes without any washing off with zero negative effects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just repot it, cut the black parts off and soak in fungicide for a few minutes before repotting and treat it like a light deprived plant, high humidity and little light.

If you dont cut the black part off, it may spread.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now it seems the plant is in need of humidity. Make sure to bag it ASAP. After it has been bagged for about two weeks you should slowly start to cut away at the bag to let it adapt to the humidity. Once enough holes have been poked you can remove the bag. By then it should be healthy and have adapted to your conditions. I received a plant exactly like this, which now has growing strong ever since I removed the bag. Make sure you keep a good eye on the plant and cut away at the bag less often if the plant appears to be recovering slowly. Alcohol should only be used for pests with a mixture of water to act as a buffer so the small alcohol atoms don't burn the cells responsible for absorbing H20 from the outside air. As far as I can tell you do not have an infection or a pest, just an adaptation issue.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for all the input, it helps out a lot The newest leaf is starting to emerge a little more. Even though the last leaf is almost all brown now, I think the newest one looks healthier, what do you think?
    ~Michelle (AKA Geva or Jennifer)

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright guys, the issue seems to be spreading? I'm not sure what to do. I have another plant that is now showing signs of what the last one did (which didn't make it). The picture below is of two different plants, they're the same exact type, in the same exact media and on the same wall of the green house. The one on the left is starting to limp and the other one is growing crazy! This makes me feel like its not its growing conditions but maybe something else? Also the limping plant was next to the one that had issues before I quarantined it.

I'm also a little pressed for time. These are my plants for my school project thats due this Thursday

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just came back from checking on the plant again outside. The light was just right and I found some microcopic webs underneath almost all the leaves of this nepenthes. I'm surprised I hadn't seen them before! So this is an indication to me that I have spidermites!

So I sprayed with neem. Here's to hoping this is the reason and it pops backs to life in two days!!

Grow/Trade List

Picture Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely sounds like spidermites. Neem will do the trick. Spray again in another week and it should take them down for the count.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12