Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Sulking?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm relatively new to this, but i typically soak my bare rooted plants in a superthrive solution before potting them up. same thing each time i re-pot a plant. with one fluke exception, my plants have kicked into gear almost instantly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bad idea Jawn. I'm a bit of a superthrive fan myself, but haven't tried on any of my CP's yet. Do you have a dosing recomendation on the soak solution?
    My Grow/Want Lists
    -The horticulturalist formerly known as Shortbus-

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawn View Post
    i'm relatively new to this, but i typically soak my bare rooted plants in a superthrive solution before potting them up. same thing each time i re-pot a plant. with one fluke exception, my plants have kicked into gear almost instantly.
    Well too late for that, but I may try that next time.

Anyone know what could cause this? Is it likely my plants will bounce back? Is there a chance they would die?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, don't drench them. Obviously make sure the medium is plenty moist to slightly on the wet side, but well drained. I agree that you should bag them, as well as make sure they are in bright light, but perhaps not as much as your other plants. Keep them in moderate conditions with no extemes in light, temperature, or low humidity. They are just mainly water stressed and need time to regrow any damaged root tips and grow a thicker waxy cuticle on their leaves (which protects the plant from losing as much water through the leaves). It will probably take up to several weeks for them to begin to recover. You can cut a small hole in the corner of the bags for a little ventiliation, and as they begin to improve make the hole wider over a period of weeks to allow the plants to slowly acclimate to lower humidity before you remove the bag.
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richjam1986 View Post
    No, don't drench them. Obviously make sure the medium is plenty moist to slightly on the wet side, but well drained. I agree that you should bag them, as well as make sure they are in bright light, but perhaps not as much as your other plants. Keep them in moderate conditions with no extemes in light, temperature, or low humidity. They are just mainly water stressed and need time to regrow any damaged root tips and grow a thicker waxy cuticle on their leaves (which protects the plant from losing as much water through the leaves). It will probably take up to several weeks for them to begin to recover. You can cut a small hole in the corner of the bags for a little ventiliation, and as they begin to improve make the hole wider over a period of weeks to allow the plants to slowly acclimate to lower humidity before you remove the bag.
    Thank you! Very good ideas, I'll definitely start that process tomorrow. Thanks! :0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    So drench them, or would this worsen it?

Anyone positive on what I should do?
    I would keep it slighty more wet than your other neps, but you have to be careful not to CAUSE root rot by keeping the soil dripping wet. Like Peat, I also keep newly potted plants a bit wetter than usual to help them along, as well as cuttings. Just saying you have to be a little careful, especially if it already has roots.

Edit: Also, pics might be helpful
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortbus View Post
    Not a bad idea Jawn. I'm a bit of a superthrive fan myself, but haven't tried on any of my CP's yet. Do you have a dosing recomendation on the soak solution?
    i typically do what the savage garden recommends. 10 drops per gallon, roughly 20-30 minutes. i recently did this on some plants that already had full size pitchers on them. as i removed it from the solution, i kept the pitchers full to the brim with the superthrive solution. i wasn't sure if that would be good or bad, but honestly it kicked into gear even faster than normal.

ive received bare root plants and forgot to do the superthrive soak. when i realized, i unpotted them, soaked them, then repotted them into the same media. again, super great results. superthrive is a really good product imo. i soak all my cuttings in it too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Thank you! Very good ideas, I'll definitely start that process tomorrow. Thanks! :0
    Your welcome
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast