Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Sulking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont put them in bright light while they are sulking trust me i did that once and the plants rotted up within days. High humidity with lower light is the key

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make sure they're bagged up until they look ok. Then, start cutting away at the bags a bit every week or so to let them adapt. Sometimes new arrivals just need to adapt.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevnep View Post
    Dont put them in bright light while they are sulking trust me i did that once and the plants rotted up within days. High humidity with lower light is the key
    "bright light" and "low light" are subjective terms. But you are right, use lower light than your other plants. I would say bright shade to dappled light only.
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh, so if I put the bags on them, when the GH is in the sun, it will roast them. It doesn't raise the humidity, it lowers it... I guess it only works in terrariums and places that are under lights and not sunlight. -_-

Some of the lower leaves are turning yellow. Both have basals that look okay, the growth tips are firm... IDK. They're pissing me off, especially the ventricosa x spectabilis because I spent like thirty freaking dollars on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Ugh, so if I put the bags on them, when the GH is in the sun, it will roast them. It doesn't raise the humidity, it lowers it... I guess it only works in terrariums and places that are under lights and not sunlight. -_-

Some of the lower leaves are turning yellow. Both have basals that look okay, the growth tips are firm... IDK. They're pissing me off, especially the ventricosa x spectabilis because I spent like thirty freaking dollars on it.
    You just need to find a way to provive them a little extra shade, and it will still work fine. Shade cloth, opaque plastic sheeting, etc... ? I'm sure you can figure something out Also, the bags don't have to be totally closed necessarily, but will still provide extra humidity which will be helpfull.
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123