What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

spathulata x ovata

uphwiz

jimmy
looks like its settling in , not produced in my care but has finished, inflating and opened in my care, hope it keeps it up, seems to like the warm terrarium , good cool nights at my shop 55 to 60 nights 75 to 80 days.
anybody know if these conditions ar good for this one,
does anyone else grow this one?
got a picture?
IMG_1151.jpg

that's the basic temps mine are in. summer only got down to 60 and the peri should turn dark red.

All of the ones I saw from BE at my local CP nursery were purple with purple peristomes. Should color up in good lighting. Mine had the darkest purple peristome they had, that's why I picked it. In good lighting it should color up to have purple pitchers, I can see some color coming in on the upper part of the pitcher in the picture you provided.

Here is my pitcher that got squished (I guess in shipping from BE to my local CP nursery)...
jgr72h.jpg

Here is the pitcher that formed when adjusting to the CP nursery...
2prsrgg.jpg

From this you can conclude that the lighting is a big factor. If yours is in a terrarium, it may be more on the green side, but should still look nice. At BE that had optimum lighting, causing the purple... So with good lighting, you can make yours look like the one in the first pic I showed.

Mine seems to love 50-55F nights and 70s during the day. It hasn't gone above 80F since it is winter, but I would assume that it would be fine in 80s and can survive a few days of 90s, some of my finicky HLs were fine through a few 95F days in the summer. I think HL are a lot more flexible than people think they are. A couple of individuals from TF told me that if my temps went above 85F, my jacquelineae would die... Well it survived maybe ten 95F days throughout the summer. As long as you have nights in the 50s, it will be fine IME.

this is what mine looks like after popping
IMG_6287.jpg

and this is after coloring up :) not actually the same pitcher, these were taken at the same time so the darker one is less mature and as you can see the peristome is getting more charactor on the newer pitcher

IMG_6288.jpg

Oooo nice myles, thanks for the info pine, i use t-5 s in my terrariums this terrarium has 10,000 lumens 9" above the plant of t-5 9 hours a day right now . more in a month or saw as the days get longer i try to keep up with the light cycles in my neck of the woods.

This is going to be a pretty hybrid.

yeah, its one of those affordably priced hybrids i grabbed when first starting the new collection and boy has it won me over. im a sucker for dark wide peristomes :) ill get some up to date pics in here

this is the pitcher that had just popped in the last set of photos i posted.

IMG_6431.jpg

and this is the latest pitcher

IMG_6432.jpg

IMG_6433.jpg

tendrils get very llong very fast. this plant will prob need to become a hanger in a couple months
IMG_6434.jpg

hope my pics have helped out

here it is now coloring up nice, the next pitcher looks like its going to be about twice the size of this one.
IMG_1307.jpg
IMG_1308.jpg

The peristome will flesh out more in the next pitcher if it will be bigger. Post update pics when it happens! :)

Back