Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couple new plants/pics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy just popped open a few days ago and I had to share. First pitcher to open since I got it. It's always sad when the old pitchers dry up in my lower humidity but exciting when new ones take their place.
     photo lowiixnorthianaxveitchii_zpsd1d44a3a.jpg

Sadly the sumatrana didn't adjust to my humidity as well and kind of just froze growth. I bagged it a little over a week ago and in true lowlander fashion it has already started forming its next leaf without delay. Think I will end up keeping it more humid until I think its healthy and settled in before trying to acclimate it to household conditions again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that muluensis x lowii? Dang, that thing has become popular.
    Brennan
    My growlist: http://bit.ly/VUE0ri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, forgot to label it. It's lowii x (northiana x veitchii). The same plant from the first post just a much more colored/striped pitcher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added a new 6 lamp T5 fixture and the plants are finally acclimating. Figured I would put up a couple new pics.

Pasian Truncata - somewhat different pitcher shape than it usually makes and not fully darkened

photo IMAG0181_zpsa307e142.jpg

photo IMAG0202_zps451ef912.jpg

photo IMAG0205_zps7c37d876.jpg

Veitchii K - Basal pitchers

photo IMAG0182_zpsb464a755.jpg

photo IMAG0190_zps5e30253e.jpg

photo IMAG0195_zpsea0df2dc.jpg

Bellii x Aristo - Lower pitcher. This plant is still very small but looks like it will be switching to intermediates and uppers soon. I'm kind of hoping it stays small like its parents.

photo IMAG0210_zps12084e8e.jpg

Rajah x Mira - New addition but hasn't skipped a beat and seems to be growing well. Even has a teeny tiny basal on it.

photo IMAG0212_zpsbb69e60c.jpg

Sumatrana x Burbidgea - Not quite a looker just yet (neither of the parents look great to me at this size either) but I think the parentage is going to make for one awesome plant in maturity. Looking like both stripes and speckles will be present.

photo IMAG0215_zps8f14a782.jpg

Orchids and Tillandsia - Thought I would try my hand at a few non cps

photo IMAG0208_zps36dd43d2.jpg

photo IMAG0209_zps8ff952af.jpg

Should have updates on other plants soon. The Robcantleyi is still growing strong but has taken to breaking off pitcher tips while unfurling the leaf so no fresh pitchers until it stops that trend . Tried to help it along last time and only ended up breaking it off myself so I figure I should be patient and let the plant figure it out itself. Luckily pitchers last forever so there are still several nice ones to look at. Other plants are finally adjusting to the light changes and should show better growth in the next couple months. Even the Sumatrana is finally coming around despite the wrong temps and humidity and too much light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great Truncata Pasian!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12