What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Diatas? Easy or a pain?

Hi guys,

Its been a long time since I have made any comments here.

I wanted to ask if any one here has had any luck with n.diatas?

My grow chamber has very good lighting with 6 T5 hydro lights with a mist king system and I also use
A AC to chill the room. Temps are: daytime 75 to 76 f night: is 65 to 60

Any comments would be great and if any one has pics of there plant or setup it's growing in would be very helpful!

Much love,

Drew McClain

It's going to be pretty slow with those temperatures, but if you can drop the temperature 5 or 10 degrees, it would probably be fine.

My Borneo Exotics Clone diatas as well as my seedlings do very well in very similar conditions to yours. The plant is from higher elevations but, does fine in regular highland conditions. It seems to stay fairly small and likes to be fed quite a bit. The BE one will put out deformed pitchers if it's not getting adequate food. Also seems to enjoy fairly bright light.

Here are some older pics.
010.jpg

6-10-12038.jpg

5-3-12012.jpg

3-8-12003.jpg

3-8-12002.jpg

cthulhu138 thank you! Do you have any pics of your set up? Would love to see :) thanks again

It's just a growtent with an AC and humidifiers.

These pics are a year old. You can't really move in there anymore. It's pretty packed.
3-20-12012.jpg

4-22-12009.jpg

greenhouse006.jpg

greenhouse001.jpg

Thank you!! :) very helpful I have the same AC unit

cthulhu138 I wanted to ask what did you use to add to the hose on the AC?? I need to deff do that to

Just a dryer vent hose I bought at Home Depot for like $4.00. You can buy the same hose from the Hydroponics stores for about $30.00.

It's just a growtent with an AC and humidifiers.

These pics are a year old. You can't really move in there anymore. It's pretty packed.
3-20-12012.jpg

4-22-12009.jpg

greenhouse006.jpg

greenhouse001.jpg

Very nice clean setup!

Just a dryer vent hose I bought at Home Depot for like $4.00. You can buy the same hose from the Hydroponics stores for about $30.00.

Or you can get it for free from you neighbor's car:awesome:

Cthulhu138

What make is that AC unit?. It looks very compact.

Last edited:
Kinjie, that set up isn't nearly as clean now. Those pics were taken a year ago, the day I set it up. It's packed tight and very grown in now.

Mine has been a bit of a slow grower, and a reluctant pitcherer, and the pitchers don't last as long as I'd like, and it seems to require a ton of light. Even though it can be a bit finicky, it's totally worth growing IMO.

Malsiana tropicals "dark red" clone
Ndiatas_7-15-12.jpg

Back