What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes naga ? Post and compare your plants here.

With the newest pitcher, this N. naga seems to have come to form with the rest of the individuals in this thread. I was not able to photograph the lid appendages, but they are noticeable in the form of slight bumps. Easy to see, not easy to capture. The pitcher exterior is still much lighter than some of the other clones, with a much more orange hue, but seems to fit well with some of Tony's plants of the same batch. The ala are now more prominent.

N. naga

Here is my other, much smaller plant from an altogether different batch of seed. The color and form are already noticeably different, so I'm curious to see how it ends up.

N. naga

Dude! A hairy-lidded naga?! Fascinating. Makes you wonder how much hybridizing goes on in these environments.

Until now, I didn't really give that a second thought. I guess that is a bit strange. Maybe an ecotype?

Nothing about that second one says pure naga to me. Interesting....

how big is the second plant mato,most tiny neps have hairy lids don't they?looks small compared to the moss

The plant is about 3'' across at its widest.

bit harsh judging the little guy at that size,having a look through the thread the other plants look bigger ,unless you know what smaller plants look like i would imagine its hard to tell,wiremans plant was the same size but his pic did not show top of the lid

Mine has a hairy lid, too, and is much smaller. Most young Neps do.

You sure its much smaller you said it was just over 3 inch

It is now, with the new leaf. My depth perception is a little weird, so it's hard to tell sometimes.

Update: my N. naga has add a new pitcher, and finally decided to display the characteristic forked tongue appendage on the underside of the lid! Looking here:
20130619-074725.jpg

And a detail:
20130619-075653.jpg

Lookin' good!

This is how dark my plant gets as it ages:
naga-2.jpg

You can see quite clearly the forked appendage on the underside tip of the lid.

You have a fantastic clone Paul, I would love to see it crossed with xTM, could be even better than izumeae x TM.

Mine just opened a pitcher a tad smaller than that one. I'll post pics once it darkens up.

Black is beautiful. Beautiful indeed!

Wow Paul that is fantastic!!!

Wow it doesn't get blacker than that!

Freshly opened 2" tall pitcher! Look at that appendage!

N. naga by Wire Man, on Flickr

Back