Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes Hamata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found normal N. hamata (not RHH) to be one of the easier HL Neps to grow (unlike N. aristolochioides, N. argentii, etc). Give it reasonable temps, decent humidity, feed it periodically (optional) & watch your weed grow.

However, I noticed with both your N. lowii & N. hamata threads, you're asking for info after you've ordered. I would recommend reversing the order....
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RL7836 reversing the order? I am not new to growing highland nepenthes at all and have a great set up for them

It never hurts to ask questions, or get advice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectrCarnvrs View Post
    RL7836 reversing the order? I am not new to growing highland nepenthes at all and have a great set up for them

It never hurts to ask questions, or get advice.
    I don't think Ron was the only one who got the impression from your questions that these were perhaps the first plants you had acquired, so it wasn't unrealistic to think your skill level was more in the novice range. I thought so too. It just goes to show you, it is wise to reveal as much as you can about your experience with the plants in question, so people don't need to fill in the blanks ;-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered an edwardsiana. Anyone have any useful tips?
    Or assumptions regarding my experience skill level 5 when it really has nothing to do with anything that we're talking about here.. ?

hamata is cool..
    Leave the poor kid alone.
    Last edited by mass; 01-28-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mass if you don't mind me asking...where did you get the n. edwardsiana

There should be no assumptions regarding someone's skill level...ridiculous

We all have the same thing in common which is we appreciate cultivation in cps period..

My asking to veiw others photos and gaining insight on their personal experiences is what a forum is for.
    Last edited by ElectrCarnvrs; 01-28-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectrCarnvrs View Post
    There should be no assumptions regarding someone's skill level...ridiculous
    Of course, there would be no assumptions made, in any direction, if the person posting provides enough information about their growspace, rather than leaving the readers to guess and speculate. :-)
    In my opinion, you could have done a better job of communicating to the forum what your growing conditions and experience level are. If you believe that such information is irrelevant for the sake of placing the questions in context, that is your prerogative. However, it is a frequent theme on the forum that when people ask questions, they often fail to provide sufficient context for others to be able to answer the questions meaningfully and intelligently. I simply wished to point this out, not to call into question your horticultural skills or experience.
    Last edited by Whimgrinder; 01-28-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why in the hell should he need to reveal ANYTHING about himself to obtain grow tips on a particular species.
    His "growspace" is either up to par, or it isn't. That's his problem to work on..
    We were all able to answer his questions meanigfully and intelligently regardless of "sufficient context".
    Paul, You obviously just want to talk about greenhouses and growspaces... so.... YOUR problem here, is the same thing I pointed out to you on the pro boards. Get.. Over.. Yourself..
    Just because you have a greenhouse doesn't make you better than everyone else. Please explain that to your ego for me.

Elec, I'll pm you regarding the seed grown edwardsiana orders.. I'm done here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so far mine is one of the less picky neps to grow,temps day 60/70 nights 50/60 humidity day 50/60 night 60/70 basically i grow mine open to house environment as all my neps are ,apart from having a large tray of damp sphag that all the nep pots are in to raise humidity around the plants(a bit)not very hard so far but my plant is young and has not seen a summer yet,but summers here don't really happen so not too worried about that

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast