Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes Hamata

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My conditions are similar to Corkys. My humidity is a lil higher though. I've only had my hamatas for around a month but they seem to grow steadily. I wouldnt say they were difficult at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    Why in the hell should he need to reveal ANYTHING about himself to obtain grow tips on a particular species.
    His "growspace" is either up to par, or it isn't. That's his problem to work on..
    We were all able to answer his questions meanigfully and intelligently regardless of "sufficient context".
    Paul, You obviously just want to talk about greenhouses and growspaces... so.... YOUR problem here, is the same thing I pointed out to you on the pro boards. Get.. Over.. Yourself..
    Just because you have a greenhouse doesn't make you better than everyone else. Please explain that to your ego for me.

Elec, I'll pm you regarding the seed grown edwardsiana orders.. I'm done here.
    Wow. Just wow.
    Last edited by Whimgrinder; 01-28-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Getting There...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only trying to get everyone to take a step back...
    I don't think it is a bad idea at all to fill people in on what you already can do and what you might need some in-depth advice on.
    Perhaps, if it isn't clear what someone is capable of, maybe ask for clarification before making advice that might come across as scathing.
    With that being said, can everyone resume giving him some tips on growing some wonderful plants like you all have?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Wow. Just wow.
    I feel the same way every time I see you talking down to people. Like you're better than them because you own a greenhouse.
    I also feel you now know you crossed a line by talking down to me.
    Just because your grow space has changed, doesn't mean you as a person should too. I liked you better before..
    For both of our sakes, quit talking down to people like they're beneath you. It's not nice.
    Last edited by mass; 01-28-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ElectrCarnvrs: unfortunately assumptions have to be made, just so that the adviser knows what needs to be covered and what doesnt. nobody likes giving advice that should have worked, but failed because of something that wasnt mentioned because it was assumed. setting up a growlist most definitely helps us gauge your skill level (what plants are you already familiar with) as well as a photo thread (how well you grow your plants--what tweaking needs to be done). everybody wants to help you succeed here, but we cant unless we have preliminary info to give you advice that is relevant.

my favorite quote: "please dont assume....because it makes an *** out of u and me.

but to make my post relevant:
    i currently grow both hamatas, typical and red hairy, and can say that red-hairy is definitely the pickier of the two. high humidity of 75-80% will ensure the proper development of the pitchers. a combination of low humidity and higher temperatures (80-85F) will cause the leaves and pitchers to deform, and if not corrected will result in permanent deformation....how do i know this?

oh the things i do for this community. i would also recommend growing this plant in bright but not direct lighting as the pitchers do not appreciate excessive light.

best of luck
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    Why in the hell should he need to reveal ANYTHING about himself to obtain grow tips on a particular species.
    His "growspace" is either up to par, or it isn't. That's his problem to work on..
    We were all able to answer his questions meanigfully and intelligently regardless of "sufficient context".
    Paul, You obviously just want to talk about greenhouses and growspaces... so.... YOUR problem here, is the same thing I pointed out to you on the pro boards. Get.. Over.. Yourself..
    Just because you have a greenhouse doesn't make you better than everyone else. Please explain that to your ego for me.
    I feel the same way every time I see you talking down to people. Like you're better than them because you own a greenhouse.
    I also feel you now know you crossed a line by talking down to me.
    Just because your grow space has changed, doesn't mean you as a person should too. I liked you better before..
    For both of our sakes, quit talking down to people like they're beneath you. It's not nice.
    And I repeat... Wow. Just wow. Lol
    Though arguably a bit nit-picky (and who isn't guilty of that now and then?), I don't think Paul's comments were in the attitude of talking down to ElectrCarnvrs. Certainly not consciously, in any case. It seems like this personal matter between you and Paul should be just that: PERSONAL. Send him a PM or something because, with all due respect, no one wants to read hateful comments in the public forum. I think it crosses the line, and makes reading threads a less-than-enjoyable experience for everyone. And if you don't want people to publicly comment on your comments, then don't make them public
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now, back to the topic on hand: N. hamata is great I've only been growing mine for about a year, but give it moderate to high humidity and good highland temps and it should do great.Younger plants need higher humidity, but they're suposed to be able to take lower humidity as they mature (I am told ?).

Here's my young beauty:
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richjam1986 View Post
    And if you don't want people to publicly comment on your comments, then don't make them public
    well spoken.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast