Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Deader than Hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ScottyChaos: You could have just been more respectful, mainly. You didn't seriously think you wouldn't get any flack for calling the thread's author "dumb", did you? (edit: your exact words were "amazingly dumb"... I mean, really?) That's seriously disrespectful, and plain rude. You could have made the same case in a polite way. If you bite, people will bite back...

Also, as mentioned by others, the truth is that MANY people succesfully order plants in the winter, despite some risk.
    Should you go about ordering in winter with caution? Yes...But it is done regularly by some of the "best" in the hobby, and no one's head should be chewed off for doing it, lol.

Edit: I don't think anyone disagrees with your premise that it can be risky to order in Winter, depending on who you order from especially, and depending on the weather in a particular week. Some choose to take the slight risk, and others such as yourself choose to completely wait out for warmer weather, and both choices are personal, and OK. In any case, I'm sure Spooky1 has learned to be a little more careful when ordering in winter in the future. The sad fact is, we can't always depend on the seller to do things right, so it's good to double check with them before finalizing the purchase. For just $5 each (if I read right), I think you (Spooky1) still made out really well despite the loss of one plant . That price is a steal!
    Last edited by richjam1986; 01-31-2013 at 09:28 PM.
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    roxorboxor
    Thanks for weighing in, I'm not mad at the seller or anything like that. It was a going out of business sale and I was aware of what that might mean. I think I might have bought the last spectabilis x aristolochioides because the link to it was dead after and I expected a less than perfect plant. I'm happy with the mikei and I was wrong, the growth tip is ok. It is just so furry that it looked damaged so I put on the mag visor and did a close inspection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spooky1: Your N. spectabilis x aristolochioides most likely still has living stem tissue, and might make new sprouts from the stem if given the chance to do so. Just in case you hadn't thrown it out yet....Might be worth a try
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottychaos View Post
    I expected that kind of reply..
    not taking any responsibility for your own poor choices..
    its always someone else's fault, not your own.
    and if someone calls you on your poor choice, call them names instead of admitting that they might be right..
    childish you say? yes, it is...
    Scot
    Really sorry, I just have to get the rest of this out of my system...

You may recall, Scott (or maybe you don't recall ), that YOU were the first to start the name calling... Childish?? Yes...lol

Ok, I feel better
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ScottyChaos
    OK, I'm tired and out of BP medicine so lets just settle for, "I rubbed you wrong and you jumped me and in turn you rubbed me wrong and lit my fuse and I responded......we had our heated say and it's time for a truce.
    I don't want to get thrown off here either

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ all of this.

I trade and buy seeds, but I can imagine this sucks! Sorry this happened dude, good luck getting those plants healthy again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky1 View Post
    ScottyChaos
    OK, I'm tired and out of BP medicine so lets just settle for, "I rubbed you wrong and you jumped me and in turn you rubbed me wrong and lit my fuse and I responded......we had our heated say and it's time for a truce.
    I don't want to get thrown off here either
    Thank you for stepping up and doing this. It takes a lot to end it like that. It was getting a lot too hostile for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just chiming in to say that I've purchased a plant (hamata) from the same seller you got the spec x aristo and mikei from and it arrived in wonderful condition. Hopefully they'll do the right thing for you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast