What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ScottyChaos
OK, I'm tired and out of BP medicine so lets just settle for, "I rubbed you wrong and you jumped me and in turn you rubbed me wrong and lit my fuse and I responded......we had our heated say and it's time for a truce. :0o:
I don't want to get thrown off here either :-(

@ all of this.

I trade and buy seeds, but I can imagine this sucks! Sorry this happened dude, good luck getting those plants healthy again.

ScottyChaos
OK, I'm tired and out of BP medicine so lets just settle for, "I rubbed you wrong and you jumped me and in turn you rubbed me wrong and lit my fuse and I responded......we had our heated say and it's time for a truce. :0o:
I don't want to get thrown off here either :-(
Thank you for stepping up and doing this:clap:. It takes a lot to end it like that. It was getting a lot too hostile for me.

Just chiming in to say that I've purchased a plant (hamata) from the same seller you got the spec x aristo and mikei from and it arrived in wonderful condition. Hopefully they'll do the right thing for you.

I'm not filing for a partial Paypal refund as the mikei is well worth the $10 paid for both and a very welcome addition. I love neps with pointy leaves and star like appearance from overhead. In fairness to the seller here is a picture of this little gem:
Nepenthes mikei
385286_594123227280021_223126986_n.jpg

Thanks BioZest, it's not the way I usually handle things. Eight years of next door illegal immigrant problems led to 12 months of vile behavior that culminated in a little focused self analysis. On January 1 and looking at my mirror image in the mirror and made my first New Years resolution "ever" to reel myself in and try to get back to that sweet, lovable kid I once was. :banana2:

richjam1986
I clipped the stalk off about an inch above ground level and it's still living tissue. After unpotting it I wouldn't know dead roots from living so it's back in a less well lit rack with 75% humidity. I will just sorta forget about it for a while and see what happens. Like I always say, if something can be learned from an event then it isn't a total loss.

So sorry to see that Spooky. I see this hobby is a veritable mine field!

Were these plants bagged? For me that's the most irresponsible thing the seller can do -- neglect to bag. A bagged plant with some air in it has a surprising amount of insulation. I bag a few highlander seedlings I have and put them next to a frigid window at night, and it takes hours for the plants themselves to get cold. A plant without a bag would get cold immediately. Plus we're talking about high-humidity plants during a time of year where it's 15% for most of us. A plant won't fare well in that humidity even in acceptable temperatures. I've only ever had one shipper clueless enough to ship a plant (an unrooted cutting, fortunately) without a bag, and it's one of the few cuttings I've ever made that failed immediately.

I live in MN, I do not order or ship plants between October & April. There's plants I want popping up on eBay now and then in winter but I don't bother trying to order it because of just what you have received, I have received a hard lesson like that in my early days. Education is never cheap.

Scotty's words might not be in the Kinder / Gentler style TFers might be used to but the fact remains, do not order plants in winter if you and / or the shipper have winter weather, you're just asking for trouble. As cold as it is here on the ground it is even colder in the unheated cargohold of a 747 airplane 10,000 feet up. Wait til spring and try again.

No bag or even cup over the foliage, the plants were in contact with the styro popcorn.

A baggie isn't gonna save tropical plants from subzero winter temps. Might keep them "freezer fresh" though! :lol:

Back