Likes Likes:  1
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nepenthes, Cephalotus, Drosera, Heliamphora ...etc, in vitro

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amphirion View Post
    i believe P. lusitanica is an annual. so it would make sense that they would flower about now. and joy, no need to sterilize seed!
    dunno that they are obligate annuals. They seem to persist all year long for me and keep on going. weeds.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pokie22 View Post
    Use the loops!
    I replated them before someone was nice enough to send me a lifetime supply of loops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When using the loop you should ease the sprout out of the media slowly. I was too forceful at first and the sprout pole vaulted across the jar and stuck to the side. My 0.2% gelzan media may be slightly on the liquid side. I had no choice but to let the sprouts sink into their new home. I had hoped they would sit on top of the media instead of being submerged. Next round I will use a higher percent jello. On the upside, the sprouts really do not like waddling in the jello, and quickly put out new leaves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Today is a good day N. Rigidifolia seeds sown on 2-12-13. Although, I think the smaller seeds are the real Rigidifolia and the bigger seeds being Spectabilis crosses. Seeds of another batch and a more reputable source, all looked like the smaller seeds.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job!

From what I have been told, the rigidifolia x spectabilis natural hybrid is actually less common than certain publications may claim. You would be more likely to find rigidifolia hybrids involving tobaica. Granted, the differences will be obvious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonH;
    They also seem to be forming calluses instead of pitchers. I'll try to take picture tomorrow.

The ones have have in compost are larger with most of them working on their fourth pitchers.
    Don't expect too much in terms of pitcher production in vitro, especially after they were just initiated. Many don't produce until high auxin media is used, during rooting . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These seeds proved to be quiet problematic. But as per BigBella's advice, I scrubbed them down like the dirty b@*****s that they are! It seemed to work....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First signs of germination of N. Naga on compost. Those sown in vitro have also started to germinate.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast