What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes 'Bloody Mary'

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I was in the Netherlands (Aalsmeer) a few weeks ago and saw a shipment of N. 'Bloody Mary'. Anyone here in the US familiar with this plant. It was very intriguing.
Sorry for the large (and grainy) image. It was the best I had of the whole plant.

812812_10151227265936409_2128236351_o.jpg

ventricosa x ampullaria

Seems like a very nice hybrid.

I am not familiar with the cross, but that is a beautiful plant. :drool:

available in the uk for some time

its been in the us for a while too in some smaller nurseries.

the main difference between this and 'Singapore Gardentech' from what I can tell is that Bloody Mary seems to have taller pitchers and have pitchers closer to the shape of ventricosa while Singapore Gardentech seems more squat and ampullaria shaped. Both are beautiful plants though.

The lower left hand pitcher in the photo looks like a strong ampullaria, while the others look like the ventricosa cross

I really like this hybrid, ammpullaria and ventricosa are species with dominant features in the hybrids, but these two together make an excellent combination.

I would like to get one, but I'm sure it won't be happy with me growing at strict highland conditions :(

I really like this hybrid, ammpullaria and ventricosa are species with dominant features in the hybrids, but these two together make an excellent combination.

I would like to get one, but I'm sure it won't be happy with me growing at strict highland conditions :(

I grow my 'Singapore Garden Tech' with nights down to 50-55 every night and 48F on occasion and it keeps growing well.

8429092628_5fec5cc610_z.jpg

Thank you so much Drew! I will consider getting one, I really like this hybrid. I said that because I had an ampullaria, but I had to give it away as it would eventually die with me :/ my temperatures now are about 45~48°F at night and 80°F at day, but my ventricosa is doing good, so I hope the hybrid will do the same.

What a nice bush you got there.

Back