Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: DonH's Nepenthes Pic Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never even heard of most of those. Either you have an extra large quarter or AW plants are getting bigger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only input i have so far on the setup is that i did add a humidifier to pump into the end of the AC duct so the air coming in isnt so dry. just threw it on the same circuit as the ac so it only runs when the AC is chugging.

oh how i hate having to refill the dang humidifiers

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great acquisitions! I'm a little surprised by the size of the pervillei (the others, not so much). Too bad about the broken growth tips - be sure to get replacements sent this month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    I've never even heard of most of those. Either you have an extra large quarter or AW plants are getting bigger.
    I was really impressed with the size of the pervillei and leonardoi. The others are typical of what I have received from him..

Quote Originally Posted by mylesG View Post
    the only input i have so far on the setup is that i did add a humidifier to pump into the end of the AC duct so the air coming in isnt so dry. just threw it on the same circuit as the ac so it only runs when the AC is chugging.

oh how i hate having to refill the dang humidifiers
    I was thinking of doing the same thing by running the humidifier only when the ac is on. To avoid constantly refilling the humidifier, I was thinking about using a floating fogger in a large reservoir. That should prevent drastic humidity drops when the ac turns on.

Quote Originally Posted by mato View Post
    Great acquisitions! I'm a little surprised by the size of the pervillei (the others, not so much). Too bad about the broken growth tips - be sure to get replacements sent this month.
    I don't think I'll ask for replacements because of the broken tips. They should grow out. My concern is that all of them do not have roots which is unlike most plants I have received from him in the past. I'll keep them in high humidity and see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats Don, they all look great, and I'm glad you got the next order figured out also.
    "Only when you live to learn, will you learn to live"
    GROWLIST

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow what an import! Good luck with the Perv! From what I've looked into, they appear to benefit from strong lighting once the plant has been adapted.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonH View Post
    I don't think I'll ask for replacements because of the broken tips. They should grow out. My concern is that all of them do not have roots which is unlike most plants I have received from him in the past. I'll keep them in high humidity and see what happens.
    I'm sure you're already familiar with the usual process of these orders, but it's still a good idea to send him pictures of the damaged/desiccated plants to ensure compensation should they not pull through. Although slightly broken growth tips are usually quick to grow out of the problem, it's the susceptibility to fungal pathogens that I would be most concerned about, especially considering they have not been "inoculated" by the usual bulwarks to disease.

Plus, the best thing about Wistuba is the no BS approach to replacements, even if it sometimes takes a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice... I'll send him some closeup pics of the damage just in case.